General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Milwaukee Harley-Davidson Closing Temporarily

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 08:45 PM
Wedgeply
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

HELLO!!!!! It is called an ELECTIOM YEAR!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Joshus41
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Milwaukee H-D

Milwaukee Harley is closing their doors for a week to transfer ownership, all employees told to stay home for a week !

Old 10-22-2016, 05:55 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Yeah, posted here previously. The only constant is change.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:09 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior
Received 344 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by mskirwin
IMO with the M8 and dealers not willing to make a deal will see more closing. I was talking to my salesman at Barb's and he tried to talk me into a '17. I asked what he was taking off msrp he told me nothing off. See Ya!

I was there on a Friday afternoon and the place was dead. 20-25 employees and three people there for service, including me. Bad tire replaced under warranty. No profit.

Salesman told me it's been slow only sold 1 bike in October.
It's a tough call. The MOCO has to produce enough to satisfy demand without driving up prices while not producing so many they have to flood the market and force dealerships to cut prices to sell...

Its a gamble and the company (and the dealerships) have to gage the economic recovery accurately.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:58 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,913 Likes on 4,135 Posts

Here's a link to the ongoing thread about this

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...mporarily.html

Old 10-23-2016, 02:03 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 898 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverStreetGlide
You certainly have to wonder about the true "economy" at this time. Supposedly it's in pretty damn good shape and no worries. Yet just this past week Ford is idling its truck plants and some car plants. But no-worries cause the LIBERAL owned news will just tell you it's all great, that is until a non-LIBERAL is running the country. I'd have to say the GOP nominee will end up killing the economy if elected cause the Liberal agenda will scare the **** out of everyone of the actual "true economy" should their agenda puppet not be elected. Oh now it's getting POLITICAL on the open forum sorry. Like my dad always said don't talk politics, religion or sex if you want to be liked LOL.
Dagum liberals always shutting those dealerships down.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:33 PM
jeffro09
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,461 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Looks like Windy City Harley-Davidson bought another dealership, talk about having a monopoly in the Chicago land / Milwaukee area.....this is like store 7 or 8. Can't be good for buyers.

Last edited by jeffro09; 11-24-2016 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-24-2016, 02:01 PM
jankowb
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope they do some dusting because the dealership has been closed over a month. Glad my scoot is not in there!

Old 11-24-2016, 02:14 PM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,100 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
At least around here, motorcycle dealers were always something of a low-rent operation. They'd come and go over the years, but were generally located in fairly modest parts of town, in fairly modest buildings. 1500 sq ft of showroom was a lot.

​​​​​ Then the boom years happened and the MoCo was able to demand that their dealers build these cathedrals to consumerism. 40 years ago, motorcycle stores were just motorcycle stores. Small. Functional. Utilitarian.

Anyway, the MoCo has built a ton of overhead into their distribution channel. All those dealers who built those cathedrals need to sell a ton of bikes to make their nut. When sales drop hard like they have in the last couple of years, those guys get pinched hard.

40 years ago, Omaha had one HD dealer in a crappy building in a crappy part of town. Today we have three, two of which are the latest generation cathedrals, and one of which is the previous generation cathedral. I wouldn't be surprised if five years from now we are back down to one. In a crappy building in a crappy part of town.
The first Harley I bought was from Harley Davidson Freedom Center in Billerica Massachusetts.
The dealership was a wooden one story building that looked like a bunch of sheds thrown together and during the winter they sold Polaris snowmobiles.

My second bike was purchased at Sheldon's Harley in Worcester MA, that building was so small when you stepped out the front door you were on the sidewalk.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/47...2065e9!6m1!1e1

Last edited by JustDave13; 11-24-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:02 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffro09
Looks like Windy City Harley-Davidson bought another dealership, talk about having a monopoly in the Chicago land / Milwaukee area.....this is like store 7 or 8. Can't be good for buyers.
Hmm. Hope they're more honest than your typical Chicago business. When I was looking for my bike in 2011, my head was spinning from the salesmen at Chicago HD. Their deals seemed too good to be true, so I didn't buy from them. I am very happy with my purchase from Racine Harley.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee...bought-by.html

Anybody have any comments on this group?

Windy City Harley-Davidson is comprised of Wild Fire Harley-Davidson in Villa Park, City Limits Harley-Davidson in Palatine, Illinois Harley-Davidson in Countryside, Fox River Harley-Davidson in St. Charles, Starved Rock Harley Davidson in Ottawa, DeKalb Harley Davidson in DeKalb and Windy City Triumph in St.Charles.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee Harley-Davidson Closing Temporarily