General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys on bikes yelling at people in cages...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 02:46 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Guys on bikes yelling at people in cages...

Another thread spurred this post. I try my abolute hardest not to yell at anyone even if they almost run me over as it is almost always misinterpreted due to the fact that I am on a Harley. The only lesson I have learned is that if I ride a bike things are different than being in a car. No one else cares how close they get to my vehicle of limbs on the road unless they themselves maybe ride a bike. Yelling at cagers rarely accomplishes anything but reinforcing the fact in their minds that bikers are azzholes and they should be afraid of us. Sure, I'll fly off they handle just like the next guy when someone almost kills me, but when someone pulls to close to me behind me I just ignore it. Unless they hit me, It's not my day for a hassle like that. I always wonder how they feel when I split lanes between their cars with inches to spare. Some may say irresponsilbe, but it is legal where i live. I have found that by being courteous to cars and bikes alike I make a lot more friends. When that little old lady in the car next to me is scared chitless from the noise of my bike and I wave her down the road in front of me, I always get a big grin outta her. Priceless. Or when the soccer mom with the 15 kids in her giant SUV while talking on the phone and sipping a iced bleded latte and breast feeding her other child almost kills me, I try to make it known to her that she almost killed me without yelling and screaming. Mind you this isn't always possible, but I don't want those kids to think that is an appropriate way for adults to behave and think all bikers are like that. Instead of having someone cut me off in traffic I let them in as if I let them in they can NOT cut me off, and I think to myself that everyone needs to lighten' the ***** up a little...

Disclaimer:I do not always behave in a manner in which I deem responsible or intelligent, but I hope that by writing this I will be able to keep myself in the right frame of mind while riding more often than not...

Old 05-26-2007, 02:48 PM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guys on bikes yelling at people in cages...

I always do what ever it take to keep them where I can see them, I trust no one.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:52 PM
anubisss
Banned

Obivosuly trusting no one is the only way, I am jsut saying that being an azz iz not always necessary. Some of the time it is...

Old 05-26-2007, 02:57 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well put I must say...

Old 05-26-2007, 03:12 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yelling is nothing. We have a member of the forum who claims to ride upalong the driver's side of the car and knock their rearview mirrors off.

He must have to set the throttle lock first.

Old 05-26-2007, 03:45 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: LowriderFXRS

Yelling is nothing. We have a member of the forum who claims to ride upalong the driver's side of the car and knock their rearview mirrors off.

is that the same guy that bragged about how many boot prints he has put on car doors?

Old 05-26-2007, 03:48 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We all know exactly what you're talking about. Have you also noticed, or is it just me ... thatwe live in such a "me first"or "taking care of number 1"society.I would think this to be the attitude of the majority.

To find outwhich group you belong (minority or majority), just ask yourself ... What do you see when you look at a hwy filledwithfast moving vehicles (cars, trucks, motorcycles etc). Do you see boxes of metal and rubber (all of which seem to be blocking your direct path to your destination)or do you see packages filled with precious cargo?I have a feeling I know what the majoritywould say ... starting with ascreeching voice billowing out of car window"Get that piece a crap outa my way, I'm late for my meeting!" (whilst holding their cell phone close to their chest so the party to whom theywere speaking won't think they areasself absorbedas the rest of the people who just witnessed this episode).

I can't saynobody gives a dam ... causebelieve it or not, there are stillnumbered fewof us left.... Sad, sad, sad!

Old 05-26-2007, 03:50 PM
anubisss
Banned

I too am guilty of doing stupid things. Definetely far from perfect...

Old 05-26-2007, 03:59 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: New2Harley

is that the same guy that bragged about how many boot prints he has put on car doors?
That'd be him.

Old 05-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,300 Likes on 6,116 Posts

ORIGINAL: New2Harley

That'd be him.
I know who your talking about, a real hardass that one.

Quick Reply: Guys on bikes yelling at people in cages...