General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guys on bikes yelling at people in cages...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 04:42 PM
JC650
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guys on bikes yelling at people in cages...

At work I alwaysask people why they would have a confrontation with someone else over them being cut off or because they dont like the way the other person is driving. This usually applies to people in cars, but the point of this is you never know who you are dealing with. Itcould be someone who had a bad day, it could be someone with a gun that may be more mad at you then you think and then what. This did happen in my area a few years ago. Someone was shot to death over a traffic dispute! Also it was a good point that many people have misconceptions of people on motorcycles especially HD's and this may cause further over reaction.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:01 PM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a year or two ago.. a guy on a bike got into a shouting match with a cager - an illegal alien in a pick up. The biker thought they were going to pull over to "discuss" things. He pulled into the parking lot first, and the illegal in the pick up ran him over. Now he's paralyzed from the neck down.

They caught the guy that did it. He didn't speak any english, and seemed to think he was justified in doing what he did because the biker threatened him.

Don't know if the illegal had any consequences.. but the biker is stuck with $$$ medical bills, and of course suing an illegal is frigging pointless.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:24 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have to admit I yelled at someone today....but she deserved it. I was riding with Sean (because my flippin bike is still not running) and we were at a light turning right out of a shopping center. The lady in her BMW SUV was in the lane to turn right in front of us. Then she pulled into the lane to turn left so we pulled up to turn right. She then decided she actually did want to turn right from the left and had the nerve to HONK at us becuase we didn't pull out fast enough for her when the light changed. It pi$$ed me off and I flipped her yuppie, BMW driving, I'm more important than you a$$ off and gave her a piece of my mind. That doesn't make me a bad person does it?

Old 05-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Psycho
Road Master

Don't feel bad. I not only yelled at someone yesterday, I used a few profanities as well.

After he nearly caused a wreck coming to an abrupt stop and turn with a cattle trailer with no lights of any sort on the back of it, I noticed his windows were open. So what else to do, but suggest at high volume that he needed to get some blinkety blank lights on his blinkety blank trailer.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:49 PM
pokey
Tourer

I admit, my husband is "biker-rage-king".... when the kickstand goes down, it's on.... the mirror removing/ boot stomping/terror in the forumn you speak of,must be my hubby's long lost twin....

Old 05-26-2007, 07:34 PM
celt
Advanced

a handfull of ball bearings works well too

Old 05-26-2007, 07:41 PM
silver1
Tourer

Riding today was very enjoyable because I noticed an unusal "polite and courteous" attitude from all the cage drivers. I live close toDC and the whole area of course is saturated with bikes this weekend. I guess itis the larger than normal presents of bikes that make thecage drivers more aware. Several timesin heavy traffic areas people would let you merge and wave. Of course, soccer moms and tourists still tried to force their way in...but they seemed to smile and wave.

Old 05-27-2007, 04:14 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

That would be Gandhi's approach,but if Gandhi owned a motorcycle it would probably be a metric,not a Harley.While I respect and admire your approach Anubisss,I doubt I could implement it often....

Old 05-27-2007, 04:46 AM
Ben U

ORIGINAL: HeatherC
It pi$$ed me off and I flipped her yuppie, BMW driving, I'm more important than you a$$ off and gave her a piece of my mind. That doesn't make me a bad person does it?
Not a bad person ... just human. If stupid people aren't told when they do stupid things, they'll do them again ... it's up to people like us to ensure they understand right from wrong!!

Old 05-27-2007, 08:08 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually don't yell at htem but will say something under my breath. But, yesterday was the exception and karma paid off.

Wife & I were on bike in right hand lane going coming to an intersection. I was leaving enough space between me and van in front. I could see car - white Chrysler Sebring with top down -in turning lane in other direction clearly.

Well, you guessed it. He decided to shoot gap between us and the van. It was closed(only because I was paying attention). I hollered "Assh0le" real loud. Guy's wife gave the "I'm sorry he's a jerk" look to me as they were going through intersection.

We get on expressway and go up to next exit to meet sister. We're 3rd vehicle back from light. It changes and we start movingturning left. I notice a police car with lights on to my right and wife says, "Hey, that's the guy who cut you off." Sister & her son saw car and when I mentioned the cop, he goes "Oh, you mean the white convertible." [sm=groupwave.gif]

So in order for this guy to cut in front of me and take route - through mostly residential area with some stop signs and couple of lights -he took to be at same intersection I was, he must have been taking some shortcuts and hauling ***. [sm=bustedsign.gif]

Quick Reply: Guys on bikes yelling at people in cages...