General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Counter-steering

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016 | 11:50 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by keith_stepp
HUGE!!! Waste of time.
Every time you say it is a waste of time I can always publish that post by bWoltz. It speaks for itself. I am not going to post it again now because I do not want to cheapen it. But I know where its at and I know how to get to it quickly when I need to.

The fact that you do not understand that post and appreciate its simple eloquence tells me that you need read more!

You need to read more and ride less!

Last edited by MikerR1; 10-24-2016 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-24-2016 | 11:50 AM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member

Shut it down!!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016 | 11:52 AM
keith_stepp
Banned

Originally Posted by MikerR1
That has got to be the worst advice ever given on a motorcycle forum. Congratulations for winning the stupidest post of the week award! I am so fond of that post, I may put it in my signature for a while so that everyone on this board knows how useless your opinion actually is.

The following users liked this post:
soft 02 (10-24-2016)
Old 10-24-2016 | 11:53 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

That has got to be the worst advice ever given on a motorcycle forum. Congratulations for winning the stupidest post of the week award! I am so fond of that post, I may put it in my signature for a while so that everyone on this board knows how useless your opinion actually is.
It is only meant for you. And it is not stupid advice. Reading and Riding go hand in hand. Again, that tells me you need to read more. If you ride motorcycles, reading can be very helpful.

The first time I dumped my bike (years ago) I did not know why and I was not about to try to figure it out by riding. I put in the symptoms of my crash and used my riding experience and I was able to figure out what it was I did wrong that caused the crash. In that case I grabbed the front brake when the front wheel was turned.

Last edited by MikerR1; 10-24-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-24-2016 | 11:54 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Every time you say it is a waste of time I can always publish that post by bWoltz. It speaks for itself. I am not going to post it again now because I do not want to cheapen it. But I know where its at and I know how to get to it quickly when I need to.

The fact that you do not understand that post and appreciate its simple eloquence tells me that you need read more!

The fact that you do not understand that post and appreciate its simple eloquence tells me that you need read more! ... Further comments would only serve to exacerbate an already tenuous situation ... I think Jay Guild has the solution. :>)

Old 10-24-2016 | 11:55 AM
keith_stepp
Banned

Reading and Riding go hand in hand.
I can honestly say that I never read while I ride. Yet, I have managed to ride for 100,000 miles and across the country and back. How was it possible? The kindness of strangers? Pure luck? Maybe it was divine intervention. I don't know.

Old 10-24-2016 | 11:56 AM
keith_stepp
Banned

The first time I dumped my bike (years ago) I did not know why ...
Seriously? lol

Old 10-24-2016 | 12:02 PM
MikerR1
|
Banned

I can honestly say that I never read while I ride. Yet, I have managed to ride for 100,000 miles and across the country and back. How was it possible? The kindness of strangers? Pure luck? Maybe it was divine intervention. I don't know.
Reading and Riding go hand in hand. I did not say reading while riding, but you know that.

You have come up with your own interpretation of riding. If you read you will discover how other people talk about it.

Old 10-24-2016 | 12:04 PM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Seriously? lol
Thats true, I did not know exactly what I did to cause the bike to go down immediately. But by reading I was able to find out the the correct cause, and I have not made that mistake again.

Lots of people fall in the beginning and are not sure what they did to cause it. You should know that. Maybe you have ridden too much. Again, I say you need to read more and ride less.

Old 10-24-2016 | 12:05 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

That is not counter-steering. It is called "turning into the slide".
http://www.engineeringkatta.com/blog...to-turn-right/

So the guy at the top of this page is not counter-steering? He's turning into a slide? Wonder why they put that pic there when they are discussing counter-steering. BTW We have the discussed video below.

Most of the argument here is simply based on the definition of counter-steer.. It seems that everyone has their own..

Quick Reply: Counter-steering