General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Counter-steering

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016 | 11:23 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MikerR1
I have said in this forum I have a bike and I ride a bike and its a Harley. That is all you need to know.

Old 10-21-2016 | 11:24 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by gotnspikes
Apparently you haven't because your still doing it.

You are correct sir, what you fail to seem to understand (probably because you're looking at that picture and can't tell) that wheel (yes, the one right there in your picture) is somewhat still pointed in the opposite direction of that curve.
Well guess what, if it is turned, and I just can't see it, then he is counter-steering and trying to increase his lean angle and not just trying to maintain his current lean angle.

Old 10-21-2016 | 11:27 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
Accurate.

Old 10-21-2016 | 11:28 AM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by nevada72
he can't see it because I'm on ignore.

I wonder what it would be like if everyone quoted everyone on the thread...would he see the ignored then? Could you imagine what it would look like if everyone quoted everyone. What a mess that would be. Maybe even a little more than this thread is already.

Old 10-21-2016 | 11:28 AM
martinj
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by martinj
Hell no, you don't ride a bike?
That's two negatives. So yes I ride a bike.

The Hell No was regarding your understanding of counter-steering torque.

No, it isn't two negatives. It's a part of your statement and my response to that statement, combined by a comma. So feel free to start an argument over my use of English now.

With that said, my understanding of countersteering torque is just fine. Yours isn't. But, then again, I'm only stating what's been stated by many others through sixty some pages of your inane babbling.....

Old 10-21-2016 | 11:29 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Accurate.
I have been waiting for you to show up so I can put you on my list. I forgot your name.

Old 10-21-2016 | 11:30 AM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior

Well guess what, if it is turned, and I just can't see it, then he is counter-steering and trying to increase his lean angle and not just trying to maintain his current lean angle.
I'm wasn't using your jacked up definition of counter-steering...I'm correctly using the term counter-steering to mean maintaining lean angle to navigate the curve. But sure, it is possible he is increasing or decreasing his lean angle. I'm not there watching while in motion.

Last edited by gotnspikes; 10-21-2016 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-21-2016 | 11:31 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by martinj
No, it isn't two negatives. It's a part of your statement and my response to that statement, combined by a comma. So feel free to start an argument over my use of English now.

With that said, my understanding of countersteering torque is just fine. Yours isn't. But, then again, I'm only stating what's been stated by many others through sixty some pages of your inane babbling.....
Thats the problem, you have been repeating what others have said. That is called the herd mentality. IF the first guy is wrong, but makes a convincing case, and the herd follows, then the entire herd goes over the cliff. That is what happened here.

Old 10-21-2016 | 11:31 AM
martinj
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force
Riders Club Member

I have said in this forum I have a bike and I ride a bike and its a Harley. That is all you need to know.
How about a pic? No one else here seems to have a problem showing off their Harley. How about it. Just for me?

Old 10-21-2016 | 11:33 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by gotnspikes
I'm wasn't using your jacked up definition of counter-steering...I'm correctly using the term counter-steering to mean maintaining lean angle to navigate the curve.
No. That is not what counter-steering is. That is steering torque to maintain the current lean angle, which, if measured, would be less than counter-steering torque, or the steering torque to increase the lean angle.

Quick Reply: Counter-steering