General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Counter-steering

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016 | 08:58 AM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member

Here is another famous person who enjoys using lists and announcing when someone has been added:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...8A15&FORM=VIRE

Old 10-21-2016 | 09:01 AM
keith_stepp
Banned

Originally Posted by nevada72
No good deed goes unpunished Keith. But nice try.

I just hate to see decent people throw pearls of wisdom to this swine.

And stubborn is not the adjective I would use to describe the OP. But I've already received one warning on profanity this month, so I'll leave it to the imagination of the reader. But "fool" is definitely a safe one.

Now what do you say we all hijack this thread and make it into something of value? What do you guys want to talk about?
No worries. But, thanks. :-)

Old 10-21-2016 | 09:05 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by keith_stepp
Let's be clear about something... it is not an analysis.

It is me telling you how it actually works, in terms that you seem to be familiar with, though I am now beginning to believe that English is not your first language and are therefore having trouble understanding the meaning of the words.

When you say I am wrong, what you are really saying is that I am a liar. Because, what I wrote is exactly what I actually do when I ride and I have been riding for 40 years. So, let's put this into perspective...

You, someone who obviously has zero real world riding experience; is calling someone with 40 years of riding experience a liar.

I did not even bother to read the rest of your post, because no doubt it is covering topics that I have already covered more than once. At this point, you are not just being stubborn.
I did not say you were a liar. I said your analysis was flawed. And it is. It is the type of analysis I would expect Bill Oreilly or a politician to make. It was spin and counter-spin (pun intended!). You pick out 4 words and try to piece together an explanation. Using that technique anyone can prove anything. It is a flawed way to analyze something.

Did you read the wiki article and look at the diagram like I asked? No.

Last edited by MikerR1; 10-21-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-21-2016 | 09:12 AM
keith_stepp
Banned

Originally Posted by MikerR1
I did not say you were a liar. I said your analysis was flawed. And it is. It is the type of analysis I would expect Bill Oreilly to make. It was spin and counter-spin (pun intended!). You pick out 4 words and try to piece together an explanation. Using that technique anyone can prove anything. It is a flawed way to analyze something.
Yes, you did and you just did it again. There is nothing "flawed" in what I wrote, nor did I "pick out 4 words". In another post, you demonstrated your failure to grasp and understand English. Counter-steering applies torque to the steering column of the bike. That is not an "analysis", it is a fact. You do not know what counter-steering or what steering torque is. It is plain for everyone to see at this point.

Did you read the wiki article and look at the diagram like I asked? No.
I have read it and while it is correct and factual, it is unrealistic. All of the terms used in the article I have used. All of the concepts in the article I have explained. And, I have explained how it is unrealistic. Not wrong. Unrealistic.

Old 10-21-2016 | 09:12 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Here is another famous person who enjoys using lists and announcing when someone has been added:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...8A15&FORM=VIRE
Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to add members to an ignore list. Last nite those guys were posting videos of one motorcyclist slaming into another motorcyclist and I suppose killing one them. I cannot believe it was allowed. They were(and are) complete jerks. Plus, they were completely wrong about what was counter-steering.

The other guys asked to be put on the list, so I put them on the list.

Last edited by MikerR1; 10-21-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-21-2016 | 09:14 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by keith_stepp
Yes, you did and you just did it again. There is nothing "flawed" in what I wrote, nor did I "pick out 4 words". In another post, you demonstrated your failure to grasp and understand English. Counter-steering applies torque to the steering column of the bike. That is not an "analysis", it is a fact. You do not know what counter-steering or what steering torque is. It is plain for everyone to see at this point.

I have read it and while it is correct and factual, it is unrealistic. All of the terms used in the article I have used. All of the concepts in the article I have explained. And, I have explained how it is unrealistic. Not wrong. Unrealistic.
Yes, when you counter-steer you apply torque. But it is not the steering torque that is used to maintain the lean angle. They are two different things and if you read the article and looked at the diagram you would know that.

Old 10-21-2016 | 09:20 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to add members to an ignore list. Last nite those guys were posting videos of one motorcyclist slaming into another motorcyclist and I suppose killing one them. I cannot believe it was allowed. They were(and are) complete jerks. Plus, they were completely wrong about what was counter-steering.

The other guys asked to be put on the list, so I put them on the list.
NO death involved for those who's list I'm NOT on. I got it from a site that prohibits that.

4 degrees at work here. Apparently not one of them involved an English class.

Old 10-21-2016 | 09:30 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
Now what do you say we all hijack this thread and make it into something of value? What do you guys want to talk about?
If I were a mod I would delete this entire thread and ban the OP. Why? Because I think the OP is dangerous, and anyone who listens to him could be very badly harmed. I don't think the OP should be provided with a forum to do this.

BTW, I'm proud to be on the ignore list with the rest of you.

Old 10-21-2016 | 09:34 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by guitarfish
If I were a mod I would delete this entire thread and ban the OP. Why? Because I think the OP is dangerous, and anyone who listens to him could be very badly harmed. I don't think the OP should be provided with a forum to do this.

BTW, I'm proud to be on the ignore list with the rest of you.
Well I can see why you want this thread deleted. You are on record, at least a 100 times, for stating the wrong definition of what is counter-steering.

And, BTW, the diagram that I have been providing, is showing the method that is considered to be the safest way to take a corner.

When you say to counter-steer in the turn(which you have done a lot) you are giving misinformation, that is not safe. If you counter steer in the turn you are going to increase the lean angle.

You need to properly distinguish between keeping pressure on the inside bar to maintain the lean angle and counter-steering to increase the lean angle. There is a big difference.

That diagram does not say to counter-steer IN THE TURN. (For a constant radius turn).

For a decreasing radius turn, then you can tell people to counter-steer in the turn. But you have to make that distinction.

Last edited by MikerR1; 10-21-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-21-2016 | 10:01 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Well I can see why you want this thread deleted. You are on record, at least a 100 times, for stating the wrong definition of what is counter-steering.

And, BTW, the diagram that I have been providing, is showing the method that is considered to be the safest way to take a corner.
There you have it - 100 TIMES!!!! You're such a loser!

Am I the the only one that has a Yoda voice in my head for his backwards Engrish?

I love the OP's absolutes - "the safest" as found on Wikipedia...

More comic gold.

Anyone care to broach the topic of "late apex" with this fool?

Quick Reply: Counter-steering