General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Counter-steering

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016 | 11:56 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by MikerR1
Well if that is the standard I have no problem with that. I ride those kind of roads all the time at about the speed you are riding them.

If so, you are agressively countersteering the whole way through. And this was much, much more challenging for me than the video you said was dangerous.

Last edited by Bluesrider.df; 10-20-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Old 10-19-2016 | 11:56 AM
paoloD
Ultimate HDF Member

Well if that is the standard I have no problem with that. I ride those kind of roads all the time at about the speed you are riding them.
Sitting in front of your computer playing video games doesn't count

Old 10-19-2016 | 12:10 PM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by keith_stepp
I seriously doubt it.
Think what you want.

Old 10-19-2016 | 12:14 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member

Think what you want.
Mike - I hate to say it but you're starting to be viewed as a bit of a troll with this thread - while it started out as a thread to assist you, it's gotten so far off base and your just feeding it more and more - all I can do is advise you to know when to walk away....

Old 10-19-2016 | 12:22 PM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by JMC22
Mike - I hate to say it but you're starting to be viewed as a bit of a troll with this thread - while it started out as a thread to assist you, it's gotten so far off base and your just feeding it more and more - all I can do is advise you to know when to walk away....
I am not the one feeding it. At this point all I am doing is responding to posters, like yourself. It really has not gotten far off base because I have , for the most part, avoided responding to posts like this.

A lot of good stuff has come out of this...

For instance,
1)Where to place the handlebars if you want to get good leverage for counter-steering. (about the same height as the elbows)
2)Drag bars are best for counter-steering
3)There are several ways to negotiate a curve. Some use continuous counter-steering and some use momentary counter-steering
4)The continuous counter-steering technique is best suited for the race track and not the street.
5)The momentary counter-steering technique is best suited for the street and is part of the Look, Lean and Roll course.
6)The word "Press" in "press right go right press left go left" means to push the handlerbars forward, not down

I am sure there is even more that I have forgotten.

Last edited by MikerR1; 10-19-2016 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-19-2016 | 12:51 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

Melinnials. Ya just wanna slap the **** outta them. They don't know their *** from a hand truck but will try to convince you they are experts on EVERYTHING firggin thing.

Old 10-19-2016 | 12:54 PM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by Pothole914
Melinnials. Ya just wanna slap the **** outta them. They don't know their *** from a hand truck but will try to convince you they are experts on EVERYTHING firggin thing.
Listen kid, your post is a troll post. This is the kind of post that should not be allowed.

Old 10-19-2016 | 12:55 PM
keith_stepp
Banned

Originally Posted by JMC22
I do like watching the hole get deeper.

Old 10-19-2016 | 12:59 PM
keith_stepp
Banned

I1)Where to place the handlebars if you want to get good leverage for counter-steering. (about the same height as the elbows)
2)Drag bars are best for counter-steering
It doesn't matter what types of bars.

3)There are several ways to negotiate a curve. Some use continuous counter-steering and some use momentary counter-steering
All use counter-steering. Counter-steering is the only effective way to change the direction of a motorcycle.

4)The continuous counter-steering technique is best suited for the race track and not the street.
5)The momentary counter-steering technique is best suited for the street and is part of the Look, Lean and Roll course.
Complete nonsense.

6)The word "Press" in "press right go right press left go left" means to push the handlerbars forward, not down.
Well... what do you know? You learned something. I was beginning to think it was impossible.

Old 10-19-2016 | 01:00 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

What effect does the windshield have on continuous counter-steering?
No effect that I can tell.

Last edited by Bluesrider.df; 10-19-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Counter-steering