General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Counter-steering

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016 | 10:49 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by guitarfish
Here it is, finally, the answer that should have been posted on page 1.
guitarfish, you were wrong, many times in this thread. And you are one of main reasons it went on so long because of your mis-information.

Old 10-18-2016 | 10:54 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Mike, I am proud to stand here "wrong" with my follow hdforumites. And I thank heaven I am halfway across the country, likely never to be on the same road as you at the same time.

Before I go, I'm curious your answer to these 3 questions:

Do you believe the moon landings were a hoax?
Do you believe OJ was framed?
Do you think 9/11 was an inside job?

I suspect you'll say "Yes" for all 3.

Old 10-18-2016 | 10:54 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by RedRider0151
Dude...if you are saying that you didnt need to maintain pressure on the inside of your bar in order to maintain your lean angle, then you are not paying attention to what you are doing when you are riding....LOLZ...and THAT is why this thread is going on and on and on...(if you are saying you dont need to maintain pressure on the bars which is EXACTLY what counter steering is, then you should be able to release the bars and ride no handed and maintain your lean angle once its been set...which you obviously cant do...)
Lookup the definition of counter-steering and please post it when you get it.

Old 10-18-2016 | 10:56 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by guitarfish
Mike, I am proud to stand here "wrong" with my follow hdforumites. And I thank heaven I am halfway across the country, likely never to be on the same road as you at the same time.

Before I go, I'm curious your answer to these 3 questions:

Do you believe the moon landings were a hoax?
Do you believe OJ was framed?
Do you think 9/11 was an inside job?

I suspect you'll say "Yes" for all 3.
Well, you really do not have much choice in the matter but to take that position, because you were wrong about many of the things you forcefully stated.

Old 10-18-2016 | 11:01 AM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member

Mike, get help.

Old 10-18-2016 | 11:09 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned
Default I am going to post his again

I am posting this again because obviously, some of you guys just don't get it.
BTW, this is a really fun way to take a curve.
Notice the increasing throttle.

Surprisingly, wikipedia has a good explanation and a picture. The picture shows the "perfect corner".

As others have mentioned (including myself) counter-steering is a momentary steering of the motorcycle counter to the desired direction. During the turn itself, there is no counter-steering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Countersteering

The momentary counter-steer to the left initiates the "stable lean". You stay in the "stable lean" until you decide to exit the curve. You do not counter-steer during the "stable lean".

The Perfect Corner

If you are racing on a track, you may not enter into a "stable lean". Rather, you might counter-steer in the turn, to increase your lean angle, in order to decrease the radius of the turn. By decreasing the radius of the turn you negotiate the turn faster because you travel a shorter distance at a higher speed.

Last edited by MikerR1; 10-18-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-18-2016 | 11:20 AM
RedRider0151
Tourer

Originally Posted by MikerR1
Lookup the definition of counter-steering and please post it when you get it.

Let me know when you sign up for any Rider Education courses so I can show up and watch you get schooled....

It would be different if you had shown that you have any experience whatsoever with riding...but from your posts its obvious you dont....so nothing you say has any credibility... The people speaking on your thread are EXPERIENCED RIDERS...while you try and poke holes in what they are trying to tell you...its like talking to one of my kids....

The following 2 users liked this post by RedRider0151:
Bluesrider.df (10-18-2016), rjg883c (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016 | 11:22 AM
MikerR1
|
Banned

Originally Posted by RedRider0151
Let me know when you sign up for any Rider Education courses so I can show up and watch you get schooled....

It would be different if you had shown that you have any experience whatsoever with riding...but from your posts its obvious you dont....so nothing you say has any credibility... The people speaking on your thread are EXPERIENCED RIDERS...while you try and poke holes in what they are trying to tell you...its like talking to one of my kids....
In other words, you know the definition does not fit your description.

Have you shown me that you have any experience riding?

I could refer to that wikipedia article and say the same thing about you? You are not accusing me, you are accusing them. Your first, forceful reaction, is to say they are wrong!

I still get a big discount on my insurance because of my MSF card.

Last edited by MikerR1; 10-18-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-18-2016 | 11:24 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member

I think this tread is starting to get as many responses as the one about bicyclists riding 2-3 abreast on curvy mtn roads....

Old 10-18-2016 | 11:30 AM
Glyder54
Banned

Mike....go to your nearest off ramp on an interstate with a big sweeping cloverleaf .. take it at a speed...dont countersteer by the definition everyone here is telling you then give us a call from the hospital.

Quick Reply: Counter-steering