General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Son's of Anarchy" patch holders only.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 01:22 PM
El Beardo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing I couldn't stand about that show is his always clean white sneakers. I wore brown cowboy boots once on my bike and the left boot is forever stained with black rubber. Actually two things I can't stand about that show, his sneakers and every poser that watched it with halfway decent credit getting a blacked out Harley and a leather vest and suddenly transforming from cubicle monkey to "outlaw biker" and acting like douche bags at every biker bar I've been to.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by El Beardo
One thing I couldn't stand about that show is his always clean white sneakers. I wore brown cowboy boots once on my bike and the left boot is forever stained with black rubber.
I've worn tennis shoes (not pure white) longer than I've worn boots on motorcycles- from my teens to now. It depends on the climate and where I was going.
That being said, this might clear up sneaker protection..Lol!

Old 10-11-2016, 01:38 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by El Beardo
One thing I couldn't stand about that show is his always clean white sneakers. I wore brown cowboy boots once on my bike and the left boot is forever stained with black rubber. Actually two things I can't stand about that show, his sneakers and every poser that watched it with halfway decent credit getting a blacked out Harley and a leather vest and suddenly transforming from cubicle monkey to "outlaw biker" and acting like douche bags at every biker bar I've been to.
You rang?

Just kidding. I don't go to biker bars

Old 10-11-2016, 03:07 PM
El Beardo
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys in the Army would put those covers over their desert boots to keep them from turning black, but you never see that in the show. I suppose it's one of those finicky observations from someone with a little insight.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:13 AM
LoneWoolf
Stellar HDF Member
Received 714 Likes on 488 Posts

Originally Posted by Sling Blade 14
I've worn tennis shoes (not pure white) longer than I've worn boots on motorcycles- from my teens to now. It depends on the climate and where I was going.
That being said, this might clear up sneaker protection..Lol!
Wow, that guy looks just like Jax, may he RIP. Cool new fad, wear your socks over your shoes instead of under.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:04 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,547 Likes on 6,276 Posts

Originally Posted by beanoboy
C'mon now, how many of us haven't imagined we were in a M.C. whilst riding down the road solo or in a group ? I would have loved to have been a member back in the time [60's] when it was all about riding and partying, but not now when it seems to be more of a 'business'. Sure I have 't-bars' on my Dyna and saddlebags too, I love the look. I have been known to wear my vest with various patches and a 'beanie' too ! It's all fun, and part of the reason i'm still riding at 68, so go easy on this wannabee and enjoy life wharever your style !...b.

I never imagine myself as part of any group, especially a criminal group.
My '60s hero rode alone.
​​​​​​​

Old 10-12-2016, 08:59 AM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Sometimes wish I had watched even ONE episode of SoA to see what all the crap is about.

Old 10-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Crashone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra977
Sometimes wish I had watched even ONE episode of SoA to see what all the crap is about.
It's never too late. But then again why?

Old 10-12-2016, 10:49 AM
jp49
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra977
Consider yourself lucky. I turned it on once... it happened to be what i assume was a prison scene bare *** filling the screen and some other guy about to have his way with the other.... i turned it off quickly and after reading a lot of this thread really really know i missed NOTHING!

Old 10-12-2016, 11:50 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by jp49
Consider yourself lucky. I turned it on once... it happened to be what i assume was a prison scene bare *** filling the screen and some other guy about to have his way with the other.... i turned it off quickly and after reading a lot of this thread really really know i missed NOTHING!
Or you HOPE you had SOA on and not something else!!!

hehehehe

Quick Reply: "Son's of Anarchy" patch holders only.