General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer screwed up....my problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 01:03 AM
angusclay
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer screwed up....my problem?

Back in February I went to my local HD dealer to look at the 07 Fatboy. They had a Black Cherry one on the floor, nice color, but I have always prefered Black. Any ways, I put down $1000 to order in a 07 Vivid Black to be build in May (this month).

This week I go in to check on the status of my bike. Everything is on schedule and should arrive next month....my BLACK CHERRY Fatboy. My paper work says Vivid Black but some how the order got screwed up on their end and they ordered the wrong color.

They apologised, said they were sorry for the mix up. My choises are to wait for a 08 Fatboy or take the Black Cherry one. This isn't the end of the world, but I thought since they screwed up they would give me some kind of deal or throw in something......give me something! I thought the name was DEALER.

Sorry to vent, but I just had my heart set on a Vivid Black Fatty. I have already bought the pipes, PCIII, air filter and few other extras for a 07 Fatboy. I'll probably just take the BC and maybe it will grow on me.[>:]

Does anyone else think they should have done something to try and please the customer for their screw up?

Old 05-25-2007, 01:07 AM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dealer screwed up....my problem?

Sorry, but if you wanted Vivid Black, I wouldn't buy the Black Cherry because I doubt that it will "grow" on you...

Did they look into doing a dealer trade for ya ?? If not, I would either ask for he $1,000 or some break on accessories when the 08 comes out

Old 05-25-2007, 01:07 AM
YUCK
Road Warrior

There's only a couple of dealers around the rest are new wave stealers....

Old 05-25-2007, 01:12 AM
darkside
Banned

Tell them you'll take the cherry bike at the price you agreed on if they will exchange the tins for black.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:13 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I wouldn't "settle for" unless you get some $$ or maybe a set of chrome disc wheels to make you feel better. A free 5 year extended warranty might be a good idea??

Old 05-25-2007, 03:14 AM
Bowtieman31
Road Master

Bottom line is the same.....you don't buy it, someone else will, and they'll still get full price for it. They won't deal on it because they'll just sell it to somebody else.These dealers are selling all of thier yearly allotment and more. It's all about the profit margin.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:36 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I dunno Black Cherry is pretty sweet looking. But there are other dealers out there, make a few phone calls.. tell em to look for a Vivid black one to trade for the Black Cherry one to get the one you want. Dealer should be working for you.... not just give you anything they screw up on...

Or take your buisness elsewhere.. tons of Harley dealers..

Old 05-25-2007, 03:56 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

Vivid Black is a pretty common color. I don't think it would be too hard to find one at another dealer.

Are they charging you the Vivid Black price? It should be cheaper than a Black Cherry.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:20 AM
mightywarlock
Tourer

if you wait until the '08's come out, you might be able to get a better deal on an '07 anyway.

screw your dealer. get your money back if they wont get you a vivid black one from another dealer.

get what you want, and dont be impatient. you are going to have to live with the wrong choice for a very long time, if you buy what you dont want, just because you are impatient.

it sucks being patient, but there are plenty of other dealers out there, even if they are farther from your home. think of it this way...if you buy one from a dealer pretty far away, by the time you got home, it could be all broken in!

if you want black....get black!
if you are curious about the '08's, wait.
if you dont care about the 08's, get what you want!

it's out there.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:38 AM
PWHOG
Road Master

I like the Black / Cherry !

Quick Reply: Dealer screwed up....my problem?