General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer screwed up....my problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Radical
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealer screwed up....my problem?

Get the vivid black or wait for 08. The Black Cherry looks purple in the sunlight sometimes and is one of those colors that you either love or hate besides a real Fatboy is black unless of course you're a girl.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:15 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you really think the Black Cherry isn't what you want, I'd pass also. The end of the '07 model year is approaching and with the push to get leftovers out the door, you may be able to get a better deal. As far as the color growing on you, that's your call, but there's nothing worse than living with a choice like that and trying to convince yourself that it was the "right" choice. Not to mention your friends and significant other getting real tired of the complaints about the dealer screwing up. LOL

I can't tell from your post, but I didn't get the impression that you're in a drop dead rush for the bike, so for me, I'd pass and keep looking.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:18 AM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the one you really want. You're paying top dollar so make sure it's the color and bike that tugs at your soul!

Old 05-25-2007, 10:21 AM
khyber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm spending 17-18 grand on anything, I'm not going to "settle for". Vivid black isn't exactly one of those "hard to comeby" colors.Get your money back and check otherdealers if they're not willing to put some effort into making things right.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:37 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't believe there's not another vivid black out there. I'd find one on my own and tell the dealer unless he gives me a store credit($500) when I buy the '08, I'll cancel the deal and go with the other dealer for the vivid black. I doubt they'd want to lose a sale over this.

Old 05-25-2007, 10:41 AM
x2lee
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That store credit is on top of the 1k deposit you upped right? Yeah I would make them do right even if it meant getting my grand back and going to a dealer out of town.

ORIGINAL: petemac

I can't believe there's not another vivid black out there. I'd find one on my own and tell the dealer unless he gives me a store credit($500) when I buy the '08, I'll cancel the deal and go with the other dealer for the vivid black. I doubt they'd want to lose a sale over this.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Blackmouth
Road Master

I wanted a vivid black Road King and had a tough time finding one.
None of the 3 dealers in my area had one in stock.
My closest dealer was willing to sell me a Red one at the price of vivid black.
While I appreciated the deal, the Red one just didn't "tug at my soul" (as someone else here described).
When I turned down their offer, they worked a dealer trade.
I live in San Antonio, TX and my dealer went to Waco, Tx to work a trade. He couldn't find another vivid black any closer than Waco.
Now, I'm sure some dealer in your area is willing to do the same. If the dealer your working with won't do it, take your $1k and go to another.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:04 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I took a color I didn't want when I bought my 01 Heritage classic. I always regretted it. If I would have gotten the color I wanted I would probably still have that bike today.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:23 AM
angusclay
6th Gear

Thanks for all the input. Today I'll do some calling to some other dealers in Western Canada....there has to be a Vivid Black one out there somewhere.

And other problem, I just sold my Triumph...so I'll be withouta bikefor the year if I wait for a 08. I'm not sure I can do it.

I'll take a look at the Black Cherry one when it comes in next month, and maybe I'll love it. If I don't....I'll get my $1000 back and get a 08 from another dealer.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:52 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I wanted the black cherry. Wanna trade?

Quick Reply: Dealer screwed up....my problem?