General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 08:48 AM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,256 Likes on 6,547 Posts

Originally Posted by captbob
Me lad, just a mere 20 years ago, there were a LOT of shenanigans happening at Daytona. Burnouts in bars that would fill the joint up with rubber smoke. Walking with a lady who had a camera and sign that said "show me your dick". Completely disrobed beautiful things at the Cabbage Patch taking tips to show their sn@tch. Filling our saddlebags with beer and drinking all night between bars. Hanging out with 1%ers at the bar where the first female serial murderer in the country used to hang out (Eileen Wuornos now deceased by lethal injection). Naw, it was as tame as a Sunday church picknick
Campgrounds are always where the craziest **** goes down. The seaside resorts don't take too kindly to chicks getting hot pork injections bent over a saddlebag. The Cabbage Patch is like the east coasts version of Glencoe (so I heard).

Old 09-12-2016, 04:58 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I had reservations at the Plaza Resort and Spa at really good rates under $100 a night booked early, but had to cancel because my ulnar nerve decided to jump over into my screwed up elbow joint and nearly get chewed in to before I had surgery July 5. SLOWLY recovering and still may try to make it and tent camp at Cacklebery or Cabbage patch if they have a spot open. Have't been in a few years but Biketober is my favorite Daytona rally due to smaller size and generally nicer weather. Today was my first day working since mid June (self employed) so $$$ is a bit of an issue right now.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:04 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
I had reservations at the Plaza Resort and Spa at really good rates under $100 a night booked early, but had to cancel because my ulnar nerve decided to jump over into my screwed up elbow joint and nearly get chewed in to before I had surgery July 5. SLOWLY recovering and still may try to make it and tent camp at Cacklebery or Cabbage patch if they have a spot open. Have't been in a few years but Biketober is my favorite Daytona rally due to smaller size and generally nicer weather. Today was my first day working since mid June (self employed) so $$$ is a bit of an issue right now.
Those rates now are almost double you got a good rate when you did.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:17 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Softy
Those rates now are almost double you got a good rate when you did.
Yes they were!!!! Most places were already $250-300 per night. Never stayed at the Plaza before but it had great reviews.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:21 PM
Flinter
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by captbob
Me lad, just a mere 20 years ago, there were a LOT of shenanigans happening at Daytona. Burnouts in bars that would fill the joint up with rubber smoke. Walking with a lady who had a camera and sign that said "show me your dick". Completely disrobed beautiful things at the Cabbage Patch taking tips to show their sn@tch. Filling our saddlebags with beer and drinking all night between bars. Hanging out with 1%ers at the bar where the first female serial murderer in the country used to hang out (Eileen Wuornos now deceased by lethal injection). Naw, it was as tame as a Sunday church picknick
Yeah, I remember my Uncles talking about things like that. So imagine my disappointment when I got there modern day.

I don't want to dissuade the original poster. I loved riding around Daytona. Coming from the hills of WV to the streets of Daytona (with the palm tree lined sidewalks and the pink stucco houses) was fun. The weather was awesome. The girls were beautiful (even the 8 month pregnant gal in the g-string washing bikes). It just wasn't what I personally had imagined.

Last edited by Flinter; 09-12-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:03 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Flinter
Yeah, I remember my Uncles talking about things like that. So imagine my disappointment when I got there modern day.

I don't want to dissuade the original poster. I loved riding around Daytona. Coming from the hills of WV to the streets of Daytona (with the palm tree lined sidewalks and the pink stucco houses) was fun. The weather was awesome. The girls were beautiful (even the 8 month pregnant gal in the g-string washing bikes). It just wasn't what I personally had imagined.
Sturgis is worse! Especially the Buffalo Chip that still advertises as being a wild party. At least in Daytona you can go find hot young bikini babes on the beach.

Old 09-13-2016, 07:22 AM
HotRodNut
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm camping at the Daytona Speedway, $50 tickets and staying Thursday thru Sunday Night. Hot showers, grillin', catch some racing there and can go in and out at will.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:02 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 898 Likes on 518 Posts

Sturgis is worse! Especially the Buffalo Chip that still advertises as being a wild party. At least in Daytona you can go find hot young bikini babes on the beach.
Curious - did you bring any hot, wild ladies with you to the Chip?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:56 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by From_Behind
Curious - did you bring any hot, wild ladies with you to the Chip?
Yep!

Old 09-13-2016, 11:02 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 898 Likes on 518 Posts

Yep!
Well, there you go. Sounds like you had all the makings of the wild party that you say you didn't see. I usually find that the people that talk about how dull the party is, would be bored at a Roman orgy with free booze, or they just want to get a free peep show, and nobody will oblige them. LMAO!

Last edited by From_Behind; 09-13-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest