General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,440 Likes on 4,753 Posts

Originally Posted by Hey Man
You should have been there in the '70's.

Plenty of places to crash for the night.

Can you still get a pic of you and your bike in front of iconic establishments?
Probably not. Last time I was there that's where the line to buy $30.oo T-shirts was.

No trailer queens in those day.
My first year was 72, yes, back when it was a different time. I haven't been back since '92. My brothers insist I go this year, so be it.

Lauren, maybe we catch up with each other. Introduce you to some of my oogly side of the family...*laffs

Old 09-10-2016, 08:38 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,806 Likes on 1,361 Posts

It was a different time, lived there all through the 70's and most of the eighties. Bike week is nothing like how it used to be. Neither was spring break lol!

Old 09-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,209 Likes on 2,886 Posts

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
My first year was 72, yes, back when it was a different time. I haven't been back since '92. My brothers insist I go this year, so be it.

Lauren, maybe we catch up with each other. Introduce you to some of my oogly side of the family...*laffs
Yep, thems was shinin' times they was.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:15 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 898 Likes on 518 Posts

Well, damn - I guess I should cancel my trip. And, I suppose I didn't really have any fun down there in the past, since I missed the good old days!

The following users liked this post:
captbob (09-12-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 07:52 AM
B3vis
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Riding over for the day on Saturday.

Old 09-11-2016, 09:02 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,083 Likes on 12,188 Posts

A quick Orbitz search shows that a few rooms are still available here and there. Some under $150. Stayed at the Lotus in Ormand Beach. It was nice. Park right outside your door. They have rooms for $189/night.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Backdraft161
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just to be safe. Lock up everything you want to keep. The bad locals will steal you blind. Lock up your helmets, cords everything. Especally your bike. Leave nothing sitting on your bike. It will be gone when you come back!

Old 09-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Flinter
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts

I went a couple of years ago. I guess I'm in the minority, but one day would have been plenty for me.

Go see the Wall Of Death. Walk up main street and get a shirt. Pop over to the Harley shop and take a look at some bike parts. Then roll out.

I felt the same way when I went to Laconia. I rode for 2 days to look at 5 miles of tents all selling the same t-shirts. The hill climbs were the only salvation there. Well, that and a really cool motorcycle museum.

I have yet to see the wild side of motorcycle rallies.

Old 09-11-2016, 10:16 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Flinter
I went a couple of years ago. I guess I'm in the minority, but one day would have been plenty for me.

Go see the Wall Of Death. Walk up main street and get a shirt. Pop over to the Harley shop and take a look at some bike parts. Then roll out.

I felt the same way when I went to Laconia. I rode for 2 days to look at 5 miles of tents all selling the same t-shirts. The hill climbs were the only salvation there. Well, that and a really cool motorcycle museum.

If your looking for the wildside you are going to the wrong rallies. Most of the big well known rallies are nearly family events now. The smaller rallies out on private land is where the wildside happens.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:03 AM
captbob
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Flinter

Me lad, just a mere 20 years ago, there were a LOT of shenanigans happening at Daytona. Burnouts in bars that would fill the joint up with rubber smoke. Walking with a lady who had a camera and sign that said "show me your dick". Completely disrobed beautiful things at the Cabbage Patch taking tips to show their sn@tch. Filling our saddlebags with beer and drinking all night between bars. Hanging out with 1%ers at the bar where the first female serial murderer in the country used to hang out (Eileen Wuornos now deceased by lethal injection). Naw, it was as tame as a Sunday church picknick

Last edited by captbob; 09-12-2016 at 05:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest