General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD LED mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016 | 01:18 PM
milehighvrod
|
2nd Gear
Default HD LED mirrors

Has anyone installed the HD led mirrors where they work as a running light and turn signal? The instructions are ridiculously vague and are designed to leave the original turns connected as well. Im looking to only have the mirrors and remove the stock turns. Being imstalled on a 2014 night rod but i think they should all be roughly the same.
Thanks

Old 09-07-2016 | 01:21 PM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior

Custom Dynamics has a module that you plug inline with the new leds that will allow you to remove your stock turn signals, and use leds as running and turn...

Old 09-07-2016 | 02:33 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

If I didn't already have running lights/turn signals, I MIGHT get those. But I do, so I won't.

Old 09-07-2016 | 05:15 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by milehighvrod
Has anyone installed the HD led mirrors where they work as a running light and turn signal? The instructions are ridiculously vague and are designed to leave the original turns connected as well. Im looking to only have the mirrors and remove the stock turns. Being imstalled on a 2014 night rod but i think they should all be roughly the same.
Thanks
You can install them per the instructions, and then eliminate the stock turn signals no problem. They wire into the regular wiring buss.

Old 09-07-2016 | 09:51 PM
milehighvrod
|
2nd Gear

Well. Eventually figured it out no thanks to the instructions lol. What a nightmare. Stared at it long enough until it made sense. A color page in the instructions would have made all the difference. If i could do it again i would just pay the dealership to do it.

Old 09-08-2016 | 10:09 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by skid_pimp
Custom Dynamics has a module that you plug inline with the new leds that will allow you to remove your stock turn signals, and use leds as running and turn...
Newer models do not require that module.

Old 09-08-2016 | 10:17 AM
milehighvrod
|
2nd Gear

The y harness supplied does the trick. The tough part was deciphering the instructions and then adapting them to not reattaching the stock turns. I had to Google a wiring schematic so I knew what colors were what on the stock harness then mirror those colors with the wiring in the harness although the colors in the harness are not the same.
For future use, the stock wiring harness colors are
Purple(left)/brown(right) = turn signal
Blue = running
Black= ground

Old 09-08-2016 | 11:30 AM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member

You'll be "riding through this world.....on your own" in no time!!

Old 09-13-2016 | 03:32 PM
milehighvrod
|
2nd Gear

wow I've responded to the hilariously original comment above twice now and apparently the moderators don't like when v-rodders make fun back at airheads. HP envy I suppose

Old 09-13-2016 | 03:47 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by milehighvrod
wow I've responded to the hilariously original comment above twice now and apparently the moderators don't like when v-rodders make fun back at airheads. HP envy I suppose
Join date 9/16 and 5 posts? Let me guess, you like to talk chit rather than give some experienced input?

Quick Reply: HD LED mirrors