General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's about that OCC web production chopper...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:44 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default How's about that OCC web production chopper...

Who knows how much it is? I know it's something I wouldn't buy even if I had the money, but the design is really cool. I love the rotors with the red anondized webs and all the other ways the webs are integrated into it. I can't figure out if it is a rigind as t looks like there is a rear shock under the seat but the frame is listed as rigid. Pretty slick for those guys...

Old 05-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Bent Carhood
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How's about that OCC web production chopper...

The shock you see is for the seat. It's a rigid.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:15 PM
michaelbarry
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't like the bike as something I would ride at all...I hate the stretched out, boutique bikes...BUT, I consider that a work of art. A lot of craftsmanship there, without a doubt. It's one of those bikes that really shows that those guys DO have talent outside of just assembling someone else's part together to build a bike.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:35 AM
harleyrobert4
Cruiser

I saw the production OCC chopper at Thunder Beach Ralley. If I remember properly, they were asking $56k.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:50 AM
PWHOG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that a Chopper should be an individual machine reflecting the thoughts of the designer ! OCC are building Production Choppers at $56k so for all of the hard earned cash you are going to be riding a bikewhere lots of others have an identical bike so no individuality.

For $56k I am sure you could commission a bike if you can't build one yourself but at least an individual built bike will rarely be copied.

A fool and his cash is easily parted

Old 05-24-2007, 08:44 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: anubisss

Who knows how much it is? I know it's something I wouldn't buy even if I had the money, but the design is really cool. I love the rotors with the red anondized webs and all the other ways the webs are integrated into it. I can't figure out if it is a rigind as t looks like there is a rear shock under the seat but the frame is listed as rigid. Pretty slick for those guys...
you mean Over the Counter Choppers?

Old 05-24-2007, 09:05 AM
TIPN8R
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

LOL Good one. As for the 56k, your right, if I didn't have the time to build one myself, I could w/o a doubt have one built for less!

By the way, rode with those guys a few times. Have to give'm a little credit for being cool as hell on those rides. This year I wound up hanging out with Jason Poole on a charity ride. We went back to the shop, where Jim their machinist and Jason, gave me a behind the scenes tour. Both guys were cool as hell, and took the time to answer all my questions to. Met Vinnie and Rick on their way out, both seem cool too. Those 4 don't act like their anything special, not snobby at all! Just plain ole down to earth!
Like I said, gotta give credit to those guys, they are after all, the engine that drives that place everday!

Oh, and by the way, I also got to see a couple of Capt. America bikes they had built for prototypes. Supposedly Paul Sr. wants to build a bunch to sell as either kits or complete. Looked real nice sitting there, gotta get the pics off of my phone......