General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a sidecar

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 10:10 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Thinking about a sidecar

Didn't know Harley made side cars. Got a link?
Hey Bill, I asked for opinions, ain't gonna flame anybody for giving one, besides you gave me a good deal on those wind deflectors for my softail, I gotta be nice to you.
I figure I will loose some power and mileage, but Momma is getting a little stiff jointed, and I think she could get in and out of a side car easier than on and off my Ultra. Besides, I can take the side car off if I want, and I still have the softail. A trike would be permanent. But I want any and all opinions.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:15 PM
[Hooligan]
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

California sidecars even has a 2 seater!! Can take the kid or family pet along too!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:20 PM
cadillac
Road Master

At 54, Im starting to look more longingly at trikes. Wife & I always talked about the sidecar trips, but I think for the money, the trike is a better move. JMHO...

bob

ps.. Ive never driven a trike OR a bike w/sidecar.. would LOVE to hear opinions from those more experienced.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:21 PM
v2in
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's one on EBAY right now. It's a 1984 model. the item # is 150123479442 at least you can see one.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:47 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got done setting up a yammahaha 1500 wit an old harley side car,,drum brake....50 hour's into fabing all the brackets just to attach the damm thing....
3/4" tow,,,wit 1/8" camber,,,used a 2 floresent light bulbs,,,tape measure,,,,2' level
there a kick to drive!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 10:49 PM
zombie
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Not for me...but I kinda like em

http://www.libertysidecars.com/

Old 05-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Bluerose

I want one...I would put my 130 lb Rottie in it, thenI'd never ever have to lock the bike Oh and he would look cool in googles....hehehe.

Anyway...haven't had a chance to ride with one. They had a really nice 40k ultra/sidecar setup at the Ventura dealer last year. Considered something like that but they wanted 15k just for the side car and for now I'm good on 2 wheels.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Friend I bought my bike from had a Hannigan sidecar on it when I test drove it for a trip overnight. Damn thing wore me out ! Felt like my arms would fall off. And went into a flat right turn and flew the wheel. Underwear change time there let me tell you. Told him I'd buy the Ultra but not the side car.He still has it. I think it's the astro or astro GT version. He liked it but just not for me. He still has it. I think he would sell it if anyone was interested.

Another riding buddy has a Lehman trike kit on an Ultra and he really loves it.

Ride safe

Bubba

Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Take a look at Motorvation http://www.motorvation.com/ We stopped by last year while visiting relatives. The owners tookthe whole famility on a tour of the facility. very nice product

Old 05-24-2007, 12:12 PM
bearc.paw
Tourer

Motorvation enginering Sibley Iowa great placeand people. I have been thereand have toured the Factory. My Father inlaw bought the Formula II . He had it on 1500 Intruder first motorvation painted it tomatch, looked great, then He put it on a Honda 1800 VTX. Again had it painted to match. We have a big family, lot of fun with side car. Give them a look see, be worth it. Ride Safe and Often......BearC.Paw.......

Quick Reply: Thinking about a sidecar