General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

volvo blindspot sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:01 AM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volvo blindspot sensor

anyone see the new volvo commercial showing their blindspot technology using a motorcycle?

Old 05-23-2007, 03:28 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: volvo blindspot sensor

Yes, I did see that commercial.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:14 AM
supervette79
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work on Volvo's. Good system, but a little overkill imo. How hard is it to adjust your mirrors to see your blindspot ?

Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

my daughter and I saw it last night. her first comment was 'jeez, how hard is it to turn your head and look', and I think she is right. they should call this stuff 'gadgets for lazy, incompetent drivers'.

ORIGINAL: supervette79

I work on Volvo's. Good system, but a little overkill imo. How hard is it to adjust your mirrors to see your blindspot ?

Old 05-23-2007, 09:40 AM
streetboob
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: steveh326

my daughter and I saw it last night. her first comment was 'jeez, how hard is it to turn your head and look', and I think she is right. they should call this stuff 'gadgets for lazy, incompetent drivers'.

Hell yeah. Turn your freakin head! If they start putting sensors like this on all cars then no one will ever look intheir blindspot. They will rely on an electronic sensor that could never malfunction(right!).

I guess we are going to need louder pipes, right?

Old 05-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Alias
Road Master

But if it helps stop stupid. I bet the thousands of bikers that were hit by cars where the driver didn't see them wish they had this "blindspot technology". I know I sure do.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

Yeah, I've seen it...I commented on it in another thread. The whole thing makes me uneasy having spent 5 days in hospital because some knucklehead couldn't twist his neck before he changed lanes.

The technology is good, I just don't like the commercial...Or any of the Volvo commercials that 'take the driver out of the car'.

Old 05-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Peekaboo Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If someone's too lazy to check their blindspot, what makes you think they ever check their gauges and dash?

Old 05-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Alias
Road Master

And had theknucklehead that"couldn't twist his neck before he changed lanes" had this "blindspot technology" you may not have been hit at all.

I'm for anything that makes bikes and riders more safe, I don't really give a **** about the mental mightidiot in the cage if there is some new technology that will help take the stupid our of cagers, then bring it on.

ORIGINAL: Hackd

Yeah, I've seen it...I commented on it in another thread. The whole thing makes me uneasy having spent 5 days in hospital because some knucklehead couldn't twist his neck before he changed lanes.

The technology is good, I just don't like the commercial...Or any of the Volvo commercials that 'take the driver out of the car'.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:01 AM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

That and the other commercial's where two Yuppies are racing to get to a dinner@1am and almost run into acargo truck
OR that lady driving an a subdivsion and looks at towards the passenger seat and the sensor tells her that she's going to hit the vehicle in front of her. (good thing it was a car instead a a kid on a bike)

Quick Reply: volvo blindspot sensor