General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding Horn Button in Emergency

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017 | 08:55 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member

I've skipped all the previous posts. So, how about this Practice!!!

Old 07-13-2017 | 09:04 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
I've skipped all the previous posts. So, how about this Practice!!!
If you mean riding a 'trike', that might not be too bad. I, as of late, usually drive my car or truck, AC blowing cool air and classic rock on the sound system are nice.

Old 07-13-2017 | 11:41 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
This works well; however, I wonder what the design team was thinking when they positioned it since I never had a problem with the horn location on my recent ZX14 or Super Blackbird. Knock'em if you want for not being American made but their designers seem to not overlook things.
Their design team might not over look things but one thing that I've noticed is that not everybody's hands are the same and not everybody has the same ideas about where things work the best for them, it's all a mater of choice.

Old 07-14-2017 | 06:57 AM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Steevo12683
Louder horn?? More like louder pipes,, Really that much trouble finding horn button?? I say clutch and twist,, kick the car,, spit on windshield, and speed away.. No time for the horn!!

Horns I agree are for the chicks walking on the beach.. And then loud pipes win again!! If you ride with a lady on the back, have her carry some marbles, ding a few of those across a car and gets their attention also. Hope they stop to bitch about it.

2cd on "ride like your invisible" they always pull out in front of us!!!
Spark plug insulators have an amazing effect on auto glass. Auto glass SHATTERS into thousands of fragments when struck by a spark plug insulator. Insulator doesn't even have to be thrown very hard. It's like the ceramic insulator is magic to glass and the insulator turns into dust when it hits glass. There's nothing left. It's amazing. Try it sometime.

Old 07-14-2017 | 07:25 AM
Bob Z.
Road Master
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
Their design team might not over look things but one thing that I've noticed is that not everybody's hands are the same and not everybody has the same ideas about where things work the best for them, it's all a mater of choice.
I agree; however, more here believe the horn button is not located in the best spot, and I was quite active on forums for other makes and never once did someone bring up horn location.

The following users liked this post:
BobRed0965 (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017 | 09:14 AM
BobRed0965
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Surfcitydude
I wired mine like the way its used on live television broadcasts. If someone pulls out or cuts me off, as soon as I start calling them a mother f%$#$%, the horn sounds bleeping out my words. I may just patent the devise. Maybe get one of those kick-starter thingy started.

If you get that to work and have it patented, you'll be a rich man!

Old 07-14-2017 | 02:46 PM
'Ol dirty biker
Road Warrior

Add me to that list too. Allways hit signal light. That's one thing that my Honda did that was superior to my HD, the dual signal switch on one thumb and the horn on the other. Never once fumbled looking for either

Old 07-14-2017 | 02:51 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I agree; however, more here believe the horn button is not located in the best spot, and I was quite active on forums for other makes and never once did someone bring up horn location.
I already know that otherwise I wouldn't have adjusted mine to a better position for me. One thing, I don't follow a crowd, I'm capable of doing my own thinking and if something doesn't fit or feel right for me, I change it and if I can change it with a simple adjustment instead of buying some aftermarket part, then that's a plus for me.

Old 07-14-2017 | 04:08 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member

I am fortunate, my horn button is always in the same place. I never have to search and find it.

If you can balance, twist a throttle, pull in a clutch with your left hand, use your left leg to shift, your right leg to brake, your right hand to pull front brake lever, listen to music, drop your left hand to wave at fellow motorcyclists, turn your left turn signal on with you left hand, turn your right turn signal on with your right hand, turn you high beams on and off and figure out how to put the kick stand down when you park surely you can train your brain to find the horn button. If not I would suggest to switch to a bicycle before you kill yourself.

The following users liked this post:
SPRINGER (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017 | 04:24 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Cosmic Razorback
I am fortunate, my horn button is always in the same place. I never have to search and find it.

Surely you can train your brain to find the horn button. If not I would suggest to switch to a bicycle before you kill yourself.
Most of us have no problem 'finding' the horn or high beam switch. But we also have ridden, and are therefore aware of better placement of these switches on, other brands of motorcycles.

Last edited by rjg883c; 07-14-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Finding Horn Button in Emergency