General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding Horn Button in Emergency

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2017 | 03:05 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Steevo12683
Louder horn?? More like louder pipes,, Really that much trouble finding horn button?? I say clutch and twist,, kick the car,, spit on windshield, and speed away..

If you ride with a lady on the back, have her carry some marbles, ding a few of those across a car and gets their attention also. Hope they stop to bitch about it.

Is all that done before, or after, the car hits you?

Last edited by rjg883c; 07-13-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-13-2017 | 03:41 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by rjg883c
Is all that done before, or after, the car hits you?
A dude in California did it on the freeway and flipped the car

The following users liked this post:
snipit (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017 | 03:50 PM
petom
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
That was Chuck Norris. That's what'll happen if you cut him off.

The following 2 users liked this post by petom:
Campy Roadie (07-14-2017), SBRob (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017 | 04:00 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
Was that done by kicking, spitting, or using marbles?

Last edited by rjg883c; 07-13-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-13-2017 | 04:58 PM
Steevo12683
5th Gear

And searching for your horn button is that before or after the car hits you?? The horn is not an invisible shield either that will repel a car like Raid roach spray,, moral of the story is doesn't really matter,, it's riding is what makes the difference. Braking, gunning the throttle, hella swerves have saved my life not a horn. Invest in advanced riding courses not a horn IMO

I may be the only one that doesn't use a horn. I enjoy the banter for sure,, my near death experiences just wasn't prevented with a horn is all I'm saying.

Chuck Norris pissed in a gas tank one time,, that truck is now known as Optimus Prime!! Lmao, **** gets me every time, hahaha

Old 07-13-2017 | 06:00 PM
GregGillette
Road Master

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
I decided to share my earlier reply because adjusting the module to position the horn button is such an easy job, it's not rocket science. After all, if the factory adjusted it to where they wanted it, I surely can do the same to move it to where I want it to be, easy.
This is the route I took, so simple! Just a few degrees rotation clockwise brought the switch to a more natural location

The following users liked this post:
SPRINGER (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017 | 06:41 PM
Bob Z.
Road Master
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by GregGillette
This is the route I took, so simple! Just a few degrees rotation clockwise brought the switch to a more natural location
This works well; however, I wonder what the design team was thinking when they positioned it since I never had a problem with the horn location on my recent ZX14 or Super Blackbird. Knock'em if you want for not being American made but their designers seem to not overlook things.

Old 07-13-2017 | 07:48 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Steevo12683
And searching for your horn button is that before or after the car hits you?? , it's riding is what makes the difference. Braking, gunning the throttle, hella swerves have saved my life not a horn.
my near death experiences just wasn't prevented with a horn is all I'm saying.
After a car hits you it is too late for a horn, brakes, gunning the throttle. or swerving to help you. I have had several, I know because I could see a reaction of a cage driver, instances when a horn has prevented a near death experience. Ironically, this thread is about something that may eliminate 'searching' for your horn button.

Of course this does take some effort on the part of the rider. As in not waiting for a cage to hit you, or even begin 'invading your space' but instead anticipate possible bad scenarios. It is not an exact science but as the years, and time in the saddle, pass there are signs and situations for which you begin to watch. The best part is judicious use of a horn still allows time for "Braking, gunning the throttle, hella swerves" if the horn does not alert the cage driver of your presence.

Doesn't that put your clutch lever at an odd angle?

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I wonder what the design team was thinking when they positioned it since I never had a problem with the horn location on my recent ZX14 or Super Blackbird. Knock'em if you want for not being American made but their designers seem to not overlook things.
Blasphemy!

But true.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-14-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-13-2017 | 08:27 PM
GregGillette
Road Master

Originally Posted by rjg883c
Doesn't that put your clutch lever at an odd angle?
Not that I can notice. Im sure the angle is changed some, has to be, but riding around felt normal to me. I didnt rotate much, few degrees, but it did center the horn button on the bar more.

Old 07-13-2017 | 08:53 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member

Not that I can notice. Im sure the angle is changed some, has to be, but riding around felt normal to me. I didnt rotate much, few degrees, but it did center the horn button on the bar more.
Thanks, I may try that. I asked because my lever is right where I like it and it looks like the button would need to be lowered to reach where I would want it to be.

Quick Reply: Finding Horn Button in Emergency