Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Harley Salute

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Loch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Harley Salute

ORIGINAL: solorider

only about 10% of Goldwings will wave back so I have given up on them.
Look at the dash and handlebar controls on these things. They don’t wave because they’re too busy trying to figure out all of those buttons.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1933/68E7491302164F8992C048F48CE0DE6A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Holy mackeral, with all that going on it's a wonder they have an eye to keep on the road let alone wave!

Old 10-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

And now...

I salute all of you.

Much Respect

Kicks

Old 10-03-2005, 02:36 PM
oldschol
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In North / South Carolina and Tennesse, it seems everyone waves. I generally have more Sportbikers wave back than any other group. I'll wave at everyone, Mopeds included. Like in the earlier poster, if your on 2 wheels, I'll wave......

Old 10-03-2005, 02:41 PM
slowhand
Cruiser

But what is the proper method of waving while passing another biker going in the same direction?

A nod as you go by? Left hand in the air once you have already passed? A quick wave with the right while along side them making sure to return to the throttle quickly?(of course I don't have that problem with cruise control).

These are the problems that perplex me.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Coaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm with those who wave at anyone on two wheels with a motor. Yeah, when shifting or in a tricky turn I pass on the wave too. But screwball I like the 2 x 4 concept. But always carrying it around would be a female dog (it won't let me post Bit$%)

Old 10-03-2005, 02:59 PM
wild wally
Road Master

funny stuff here. : ) i like this forum! And i appreciate that no one flamed him for asking this question which I'm sure has been discussed to death.

here in Illinois, almost everyone on a Harley waves, or nods if you're busy shifting or braking.

I've heard some say that if it's not a Harley, they wave with their hand above the bars, and that they reserve the below the bar wave for other Harleys only. Personally, I give everybody a below the bar wave. I don't care what anyone rides, and half the time i can't tell what the hell they're riding anyway!

Wally

Old 10-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Skideluxe
Novice

ok Waving is a cool thing to do... That being said, when is it not cool to wave? i mean when at a ralley how far from the ralley do you stop waving. how many bikes do you have to pass before you stop waving? Just wondering what the rule of " The Salute" is.... In SC we wave at any thing or anybody

Old 10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Lowman
Road Warrior

Here in NY I wave to anyone on a bike with a 2 finger below the bar wave...and 95% of the time I get the same wave back from everyone, regardless of the bike they ar riding.

JB

Old 10-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Timmer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I waved to a guy yesterday that was on some sort of jap bike, guy was wearing a plaid shirt. I thought the guy was going to go off the road, think I scared the poor soul. I notice here in NW Pa that alot of times on the weekends, that alot of people won't wave back, I say there's alot of RUB's out and they're too good to wave back. Oh well, *uck 'em!

Quick Reply: The Harley Salute