General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikers helping bikers???? yeah right

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain
Received 75 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Bikers helping bikers???? yeah right

I never really had the opportunity to stop for another bike on the side of the road. I was wondering 2 things:

1) if they are already on a cell phne, is it proper to stop anyway?
2) what are most "bikers" goin to think when a uy with short hair, no beard or tats rides up in a full face helmet and asks if they need help?

Old 05-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The only time I don't stop, and maybe this makes me a bad person, is when I see 15 bikes parked under a bridge in a severe rain storm. I think it is safe to assume they are waiting out the rain. I haven't seemmany bikes broken down, but I have stopped a few times, unless there was already a car or truck on the scene. Always been thanked. Even in Germany I stopped when I saw a biker on the side of the road.

I was approached a few weeks back when my son and I had taken a break on the side of the road. I told the officers we were fine, and just taking in the nice day. I thanked them, and away they went.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:52 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't had the opportunity to stop yet, but I would. I've stopped while driving the car, so why not while riding the bike. When I recently laid my bike over, I had several people get out of cars and ask if I needed help... I'd do the same in a heartbeat.

I think its just common courtesy. Something a lot of people seem to be lacking these days.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:09 PM
TJB50
Tourer

I always stop. Their are some real a**hole bikers out there because last fall the wife and I had a rear tire blowout on I-86. We were stranded for about 6 hours on the side of the road on a curve. Called Harley roadside assistance and they were a joke! We even had a HD rider flip us off when I put both arms out. Finally called a friend with a trailer. Santa was nice to him.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Heritage.Springer
Cruiser

Always stop no matter what...

Ever heard about http://www.bikerfriend.org/about.asp

Old 05-30-2007, 03:30 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

My brother on a BMW and I on my HD stopped for a sport bike last year. The guy had blown the motor in his bike, but already had a ride on the way. He thanked us and we were on our way.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:44 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm sorry, but.............................I find this very humorous. Think about it. If any one of us saw a picture of some Davidson guys pushin' rice, we'd laugh our aesss off. Don't get to worked up over a joke. My hole family is going on a bike ride in a couple weeks and I'm going to take a sandwich bag of rice with me. You know the old "Your bike is leaking" trick. Dad rides Kawi and Sister a Yamaha. I know my Dad, he's going to laugh his asz off.
ORIGINAL: hulbey

I broke down today. Last Sunday the battery died while I was out riding and I got a new battery yesterday. I rode 2 hours today and made it back to town and stopped for gas and the bike wouldn't start. There were 2 jap bikes (v-twins) there and they acted all concerned about me and wanting to help me. They kept offering to push my bike to try and start it but kept saying that they wanted to take pictures of them pushing my bike. I told them no several times and eventually sent the Harley wannabe jap crap on their way. I wanted to tell them that I would rather push my Harley Davidson motorcycle 100 miles than to ride their jap crap one mile but I was polite. I don't think I'll be so polite next time. They just wanted to skank on my Harley because it wouldn't start. I would never do that to someone because of the brand of motorcycle they are riding, even if they are riding crap. What the hell are these idiots thinking?