General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles shipping Issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 08:58 AM
Lawson_Inc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone else get a notification for a free gold membership from J&P overnight? Says it shipped so I'll probably never see it lol

Last edited by Lawson_Inc; 06-23-2016 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:07 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Ordered two items from them the evening of the 25th. On the 29th I received both items (standard free shipping).

I am guessing their issues have been worked out.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:35 AM
BMyers
Road Master
Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts

I placed an order on 6/20/2016 and parts started trickling in about 5 days later. (why do they use a huge box for 2 crush washers ?) Anyhow I am still waiting on 2 banjo bolts that are in stock and MIGHT ship on 7/1/2016. At this point I am going to run over to the HD parts counter and return the JP stuff if it ever arrives.
On the plus side I ordered a brake line on 6/20 and called 6/28 to see the ETA. I was told it was back ordered until 7/11, I canceled that part and ordered a similar part and J&P over-nighted it for free.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:47 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,681 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
Just used my coupon to order a new front engine mount. Don't really need one, but I figured I'd test how long it takes to get here.
Forgot about this thread...

My engine mount shipped in two days and arrived three days after that.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:54 AM
iupsig97
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have gone downhill big time! Found out last week that "Usually ships in 2-4 days" means "Out of Stock". Guess they are just scared to say "Out of Stock" like everyone else does. They seems shady now.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Lunchboxx
Road Master

Received 185 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by sgrider08
Has anyone else experienced long shipping times with J&P Cycles this year? They have had shipping issues for the whole year. One would think that they would right the ship and fix the shipping times. One order this year took almost 2 weeks to ship. And now another order is almost at a week since order and still hasn't shipped.

I'm thinking about switching all my Business to Dennis Kirk. Have had great customer service from this site. J&P customer service has been horrible all year.
I had an order that took over a month and every time I called they said it should go out this week. It never went out so I canceld and then it tok 3 weeks to get it refunded to my paypal. I decided I give them the benfit of the doubt and ordered something else and it never shipped so I canceld it as well, however thid time I got my money back in a couple of days. I ordered the same items from Revzilla and got them in a 2-3 days.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Red face Dennis Kirk and JP... not all that different

I just had the opposite experience between these two retailers. DK jerked me around for 6 weeks, lied to me three times about the floorboards I had ordered and ultimately I just canceled the order in disgust.

Since I had no luck with DK I ordered my new rear tire, Metzler ME 888, from JP. Placed the order Monday afternoon and it was delivered on Wednesday afternoon, just under 48 hours and of course no tax or freight.

Either firm can get it right or wrong and they both probably get it right more often then not. For me I'll keep using JP since they did right by me whereas DK screwed me.

For the record I recently had a very good experience with DK Custom Products (unrelated to Dennis kirk), when I ordered my Vance and Hines Propipe 2 into 1 exhaust. I would be happy to use them again.

No matter who you are dealing with all it takes is one chuckleheaded employee who just does not give a rat's *** about your order to give his entire company a bad rep. Conversely the individuals I chatted with, at length, at JP and DK Custom Products regarding my purchases were awesome. They, along with the quick shipping are the main reasons I will use them both again.

Old 06-30-2016, 07:13 PM
07DeuceTX
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I used J&P almost exclusively when I was stocking up on things for my 'new to me' 2007 Softail Deuce. But then they clearly started going wrong earlier this year. I got a voucher in the mail back on 6/22, apologizing for the relocation / systems troubles and offering me $30 off my next order.

I immediately ordered a handlebar-mount cell phone holder. It's been 8 days, and the order still shows as In Process, and I can't cancel it. The receipt also shows it charged me full price, but by credit card amount appears correct; minus the $30 as expected. I sincerely hope they get back on track.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:12 AM
gusotto
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Been using J&P for years and will continue to do so.
Staff has always treated me great.

Even gave me a $30 credit to use because of the problems in Louisville.

After the sale to MAG, the downhill slide has to be pointed to MAG.
Moving the warehouse to Louisville was a mistake.
New people filling orders.
No longer owned and fun by family which was a labor of love for them.

Attended J&P Open House 6/25-6/26.
Had most vendors located indoors but what was sad was when I realized the space used to be filled with MC parts.
No more walking to the warehouse for the part.

I miss the "Clearance" tent/section.
Doesn't exist anymore.
Always got some sweet deals there.

They did give away over 100 Roland Sands Design leather jackets!
email said to bring your Gold Club card and I did.
Got a $500 leather jacket!
My membership is covered for many years after that gift.
Thank you J&P!

Last edited by gusotto; 07-01-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:33 AM
Fishonsc
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawson_Inc
Anyone else get a notification for a free gold membership from J&P overnight? Says it shipped so I'll probably never see it lol
Yes. My free gold membership should up in the mail yesterday. Went straight into the trash.

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles shipping Issues.