General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles shipping Issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 01:37 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,128 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by sgrider08
Update....I canceled my order last Tuesday the 14th. They shipped the tire on Friday the 17th and charged my bank account. So I called and waited for about 10 minutes. The service rep said that I did cancel but the cancellation information was never sent to the warehouse. And the rep said I could return the tire and get a refund. I asked how long will it take to get a refund and he said a minimum of 2 weeks if not longer because of the back log of orders the warehouse is experiencing.

I have done business with them for a long time. This company has turned to s#$%. I feel sorry for the customer service reps because they are the ones that are getting beat up because upper management can't get these issues fixed...Since February!!!!!
I agree. I feel bad for the employees period. When a company goes downhill this fast, it has nothing to do with the workers. The responsibility lies with the owners and managers.

Old 06-21-2016, 02:18 PM
Bonneville Racer
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The museum in IA has nothing to do with the current J&P cycles. The museum was built by the FORMER owner of J&P, not the current owners.

Old 06-21-2016, 10:37 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Update, the part was shipped Sunday and arrived today (Tuesday). That is the J&P Cycle I recall over the last 30+ years.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:47 PM
sgrider08
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Update, the part was shipped Sunday and arrived today (Tuesday). That is the J&P Cycle I recall over the last 30+ years.
Good for you. At least someone is happy with them. However that does not sway my mind to order anything from this company again.

BTW Dennis Kirk has better prices on the same items as J&P!

Old 06-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,298 Likes on 6,041 Posts

We oh w OS.... yesterday I ordered new rear tire from J&P. Then saw this and started reading this morning. Then started to wonder if I made a mistake or not. Wife text late today and said UPS dropped a tire on our porch. I was hoping for a couple days to deliver...did not expect next day!. But it's here. Still have not had any bad experiences with J&P. Knock on wood

Old 06-22-2016, 07:18 PM
BMyers
Road Master
Received 99 Likes on 65 Posts

Just ordered a bunch of brake line parts. Most everything was backordered. See how this pans out. I would have ordered from DK but JP's catalog is nicer when you need to piece part something together.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:57 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,214 Likes on 2,887 Posts

I've done business with J&P for many years. In the last year I've placed four orders with them and I got everything I ordered and all four shipments arrived a day earlier than scheduled. Even in spite I have no complaints with J&P Cycles

Last edited by Hey Man; 06-22-2016 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:57 PM
pfnork66
Cruiser

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Have used J&P for years, never had a problem and shipping has always been fast.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:26 PM
1BadHG
Intermediate
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I talked to one of their sales guys at Myrtle Beach and he said that moved their warehouse to KY and that they had major issues with the move. He said that they had had a lot of mad customers. I bought a set of Progressive cartridge shocks in Daytona and did hear anything for a couple of weekday, supposed to be dropped shipped, when I called about them they had them as brake pads on the order and my computer printed receipt had the shocks, ended up canceled order and bought online somewhere else.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:00 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by sgrider08
Good for you. At least someone is happy with them. However that does not sway my mind to order anything from this company again.

BTW Dennis Kirk has better prices on the same items as J&P!
Problem is that Dennis Kirk does not carry most parts for people like me who own and run older iron (specifically Pans and Shovels).

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles shipping Issues.