General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles shipping Issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2016, 06:49 PM
paul0311
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Ordered fork seals and fork oil a week and a half ago. Fork oil arrived in a few days. Fork seals however are "pending vendor arrival." Sent an email awaiting a reply. We'll see.

Old 06-19-2016, 08:02 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
J&P is the only internet business that ever sent to me an email, telling me about rebates available on tires (or other items). I'm running Metz 880's because of such an email.

I wear Cruiserworks boots. They went through some severe problems over the years as well, but finally got it all worked out.

If anyone critical here of J&P hasn't been to the Motorcycle Museum at Alamazoza, Iowa, (or whatever the hell the name of the town is_....visit that first, and then come back and offer your criticism.
I've gotten so many emails from companies offering rebates that I finally unsubscribed to them. So J&P is hardly unique. And how a museum has anything to do with or should excuse the poor service that the company is providing makes no sense.

I will not be doing any further business with J&P.

Old 06-20-2016, 09:44 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,128 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Update here on J&P. Just got an email from James Dean who is a Tier II Sales Tech/Escalations Supervisor at J&P.

Here is his email to me. I include it as he sent it rather than paraphrase because I think it is important to note that he understands the problem and is clearly rectifying it and to also note that customer service is important and recognized within a very large company.

"Dave, I received your order and customer information from a post on a forum. I looked into your order and completely apologize for our warehouse debacle in creating another delay in getting you the parts you ordered. I am sending a direct correspondence to the warehouse manager to locate this and get shipped out and upgrade to next day air delivery. I truly apologize and want to do what I can to help. You can reply to my email or call me if you want and when I get a response from him I will call you myself with an update. Thank you, James."

This folks is how you create customer loyalty. So I intend to give J&P another shot.

Thank you James
That is very cool of them. Not only did they not offer to do that for me, they refused when I suggested my my shipping should be upgraded. They can rot. I will do my best to avoid the other MAG companies as well.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:51 PM
joes bar and grill
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by TroubleHead Fred
I don't know if they were bought out but J&P joined with a group of other companies and formed "MAG - Motorsport Aftermarket Group" http://www.maggroup.com/about-us.

It includes J&P Cycle, Motorcycle Superstore, Vance & Hines, Mustang Seats, Performance Machine, Progressive Suspension, Burly Brand, Roland Sands, Kuryakyn, Renthal, & others.

J&P has always done right by me but there is way too many bad stories popping up from their "shipping problems" lately. Hope they straighten it out, I liked doing business with them.
On the MAG site it says that they acquire companies, so J&P was sold

Old 06-20-2016, 04:42 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,681 Likes on 1,665 Posts

I ordered a few items a couple of months ago, just to see how it went. Stuff came right away.

Just got a $30 coupon in the mail (not email...mail mail) from J&P, along with a very apologetic letter talking about how bad it's been. That's nice, but I really can't think of anything I need right now.

Old 06-20-2016, 07:06 PM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,962 Likes on 1,160 Posts

Originally Posted by joes bar and grill
On the MAG site it says that they acquire companies, so J&P was sold
Yea, I was at first under the impression that J&P merged with Motorcycle Superstores and then they were acquiring the other companies. After doing some searching it looks like MAG was then bought out by another group. It looks like Biker Choice is also part of it. Too complicated for me...

Here is some more links I found.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2012/0...uperstore-inc/..."Motorsport Aftermarket Group, Inc. (“MAG”), a family of leading brands and businesses in the powersports industry, announced today the acquisition of Motorcycle Superstore, Inc. The Oregon-based Motorcycle Superstore, Inc. (“Superstore”) joins with J&P Cycles to create the MAG retail group. Superstore founder, Don Becklin, assumes the role of president for the new Retail Group, reporting directly to MAG’s Chief Executive Officer, Brian Etter."

http://www.ibj.com/articles/47979-me...-parts-company... "Merger forms $382M, Indy-based motorcycle parts company.".. "Indianapolis-based holding company LDI Ltd. has tripled the employee count in its motorsports subsidiary and broadened its national reach with a deal for privately held Motorsport Aftermarket Group."

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2015/0...graves-as-ceo/... "Motorsport Aftermarket Group (MAG) today announced the hiring of former Brunswick Boat Group President Andrew Graves as its new Chief Executive Officer. Graves will lead the next phase of integration following the 2014 merger of Tucker Rocky/Biker’s Choice and MAG, and drive the long-term strategy of the combined company. He becomes CEO of MAG effective immediately."

Old 06-21-2016, 10:46 AM
Scooterbear
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ships in 1-2 Business Days????? Really!!!!!

Purchased items on 6/9, all showed in stock and ships within 1 to 2 business days.

Received shipping notifications on all but one item. Waited until the 15th after I received the other items, and one item is still showing "in picking"!

Emailed them but no response after 48 hours.
Decided to try and call, could not get through.
Tried the online "chat" and waited, waited, waited.
Posted to their FB page, and after almost 2 days someone responded.
Emailed them directly and he responded that he was checking and would let me know that day. Now on second day with no response.
It is now the 21st, and I'm still waiting for a tire, which multiple vendors show they have this items in stock, and in some cases cheaper than JP!

This is my second issue in the last 6 months. I guess my next order will not be with J&P Cycles, a sponsor of this site.

Not sure how a company that has had this many issues will ever be able gain customer confidence in the future.....

Last edited by Scooterbear; 06-21-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:54 AM
joes bar and grill
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by TroubleHead Fred
Yea, I was at first under the impression that J&P merged with Motorcycle Superstores and then they were acquiring the other companies. After doing some searching it looks like MAG was then bought out by another group. It looks like Biker Choice is also part of it. Too complicated for me...

Here is some more links I found.
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2012/0...uperstore-inc/..."Motorsport Aftermarket Group, Inc. (“MAG”), a family of leading brands and businesses in the powersports industry, announced today the acquisition of Motorcycle Superstore, Inc. The Oregon-based Motorcycle Superstore, Inc. (“Superstore”) joins with J&P Cycles to create the MAG retail group. Superstore founder, Don Becklin, assumes the role of president for the new Retail Group, reporting directly to MAG’s Chief Executive Officer, Brian Etter."

http://www.ibj.com/articles/47979-me...-parts-company... "Merger forms $382M, Indy-based motorcycle parts company.".. "Indianapolis-based holding company LDI Ltd. has tripled the employee count in its motorsports subsidiary and broadened its national reach with a deal for privately held Motorsport Aftermarket Group."

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2015/0...graves-as-ceo/... "Motorsport Aftermarket Group (MAG) today announced the hiring of former Brunswick Boat Group President Andrew Graves as its new Chief Executive Officer. Graves will lead the next phase of integration following the 2014 merger of Tucker Rocky/Biker’s Choice and MAG, and drive the long-term strategy of the combined company. He becomes CEO of MAG effective immediately."
These companies no longer exist to sell quality parts or accessory they are now a number on a spreadsheet and exist only for the enrichment of the investors, as soon as they bleed it dry they will close or sell and move on to the next acquisition.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:12 PM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,681 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Just used my coupon to order a new front engine mount. Don't really need one, but I figured I'd test how long it takes to get here.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:28 PM
sgrider08
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Update....I canceled my order last Tuesday the 14th. They shipped the tire on Friday the 17th and charged my bank account. So I called and waited for about 10 minutes. The service rep said that I did cancel but the cancellation information was never sent to the warehouse. And the rep said I could return the tire and get a refund. I asked how long will it take to get a refund and he said a minimum of 2 weeks if not longer because of the back log of orders the warehouse is experiencing.

I have done business with them for a long time. This company has turned to s#$%. I feel sorry for the customer service reps because they are the ones that are getting beat up because upper management can't get these issues fixed...Since February!!!!!

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles shipping Issues.