General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles shipping Issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 PM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by sgrider08
Has anyone else experienced long shipping times with J&P Cycles this year? They have had shipping issues for the whole year. One would think that they would right the ship and fix the shipping times. One order this year took almost 2 weeks to ship. And now another order is almost at a week since order and still hasn't shipped.

I'm thinking about switching all my Business to Dennis Kirk. Have had great customer service from this site. J&P customer service has been horrible all year.
Order some stuff on Monday and got it yesterday. No problems

Old 06-17-2016, 06:37 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

It sounds as if J & P have become a drop shipper.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:24 AM
Snydcat
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ordered a part a couple months ago, changed my mind 10 mins. later, called and cancelled order. Checked website 2 days later and said in process, so I call again to make sure order is cancelled and Customer rep said yes your order was definitely cancelled, check again in 2 days and still in process, call again and they say the order was absolutely definitely cancelled. 3 weeks later the part shows up and this is where the trouble starts, phone call after phone call and I couldn't get a straight answer on how to solve the problem on their dime not MINE !!...American Express is dealing with them now.....J&P has gone down hill faster than any company I have ever dealt with and I will never order anything from them again !!

Old 06-17-2016, 10:51 AM
Bonneville Racer
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Ouch!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2016, 08:07 AM
airjoe
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I've placed a couple of orders recently. Received in about 4 days with standard shipping.

Old 06-18-2016, 09:14 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
yeah, I mean, I ordered a set of tires from them last month and it took almost 3 days for them to get here. I mean, c'mon.

in all seriousness, I think it may have more to do with inventory on hand as opposed to slow shipping. if they don't have it, then they have to wait to get it before they can ship it out to you. I was lucky, the website said the tires were in stock. but I've heard from others who have ordered 'in stock' items and still been hit with 'backordered'. maybe a quick call before ordering is in line?
My last order I called in and the rep said the part was "on stock". Prior to calling I looked up the part and it showed it was "in stock". My first order I did on line and it showed the parts I wanted were "in stock". So while several here had had no issues, there are several who, like me, have got very poor customer service.

Old 06-19-2016, 12:01 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Update here on J&P. Just got an email from James Dean who is a Tier II Sales Tech/Escalations Supervisor at J&P.

Here is his email to me. I include it as he sent it rather than paraphrase because I think it is important to note that he understands the problem and is clearly rectifying it and to also note that customer service is important and recognized within a very large company.

"Dave, I received your order and customer information from a post on a forum. I looked into your order and completely apologize for our warehouse debacle in creating another delay in getting you the parts you ordered. I am sending a direct correspondence to the warehouse manager to locate this and get shipped out and upgrade to next day air delivery. I truly apologize and want to do what I can to help. You can reply to my email or call me if you want and when I get a response from him I will call you myself with an update. Thank you, James."

This folks is how you create customer loyalty. So I intend to give J&P another shot.

Thank you James

Old 06-19-2016, 12:55 PM
Snydcat
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Update here on J&P. Just got an email from James Dean who is a Tier II Sales Tech/Escalations Supervisor at J&P.

Here is his email to me. I include it as he sent it rather than paraphrase because I think it is important to note that he understands the problem and is clearly rectifying it and to also note that customer service is important and recognized within a very large company.

"Dave, I received your order and customer information from a post on a forum. I looked into your order and completely apologize for our warehouse debacle in creating another delay in getting you the parts you ordered. I am sending a direct correspondence to the warehouse manager to locate this and get shipped out and upgrade to next day air delivery. I truly apologize and want to do what I can to help. You can reply to my email or call me if you want and when I get a response from him I will call you myself with an update. Thank you, James."

This folks is how you create customer loyalty. So I intend to give J&P another shot.

Thank you James
I wouldn't believe a word that anybody says at J&P...I have read hundreds of reviews that says the same thing and still can't get their stuff...good luck

Old 06-19-2016, 05:55 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by J&P Cycles
J&P Cycles is very aware of the comments being made about our customer service and shipping issues. They are a result of moving our distribution center and using a new fulfillment software system. We sincerely apologize to all our customers for the issues and all members of our senior leadership including GM Zach Parham have made numerous trips to our new distribution center. Zach has a video message regarding these issues you can see here.

Please be patient with our customer service as they continue to be overwhelmed with calls and chat session requests. We continue to hire additional staff to reduce the wait time.

J&P Cycles is not making excuses but doing all we can to fix the issues we've had and get your parts to you as quickly as possible. We've had additional issues recently which continue to hamper our ability to catch up.

J&P Cycles is doing everything it can and greatly appreciate our customers and thank you for your understanding.
J&P is the only internet business that ever sent to me an email, telling me about rebates available on tires (or other items). I'm running Metz 880's because of such an email.

I wear Cruiserworks boots. They went through some severe problems over the years as well, but finally got it all worked out.

If anyone critical here of J&P hasn't been to the Motorcycle Museum at Alamazoza, Iowa, (or whatever the hell the name of the town is_....visit that first, and then come back and offer your criticism.

Old 06-19-2016, 06:39 PM
GSGSGS
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a helmet online from them, it said in stock and that it ships in 1 to 2 business days. It is now 2 weeks later, and I have spent about 2 hours on chat and 35 mins on the phone, I don't know when they will ship it to me. I expect a company to do as they say. I will not be doing any future business with them and would not recommend anyone else to do so. They have made many promises, but delivered nothing. Maybe if they took the chat and customer service people out of that positions and had them picking and packing and shipping product, they could work themselves out of this backlog.

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles shipping Issues.