General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles shipping Issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:35 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,128 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by sgrider08
I ordered the tire a week ago and still was not shipped and it was in stock. I placed an order back in March and it took 3 weeks to ship. This problem started around Christmas time last year. One would think they would have all the bugs worked out in their shipping system by now. I buy from Dennis Kirk now and they ship items the day that I place the order.

J&P Cycles has lost my business.

That's because in stock to them means that the manufacturer of the product has it on the shelf, lol. Seriously. That's what I was told by their customer service. They didn't even laugh. They can't verify their own inventory, but they can keep track of numerous vendors. That tells me how broken they are.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:03 AM
codell
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&P shipping

I have been having the same issues with orders not arriving when promised. Ordered grips on 6/3/2016 still have not arrived 6/16/2016 I have e-mailed them 3 times with no response finally got through on their customer service, and I use the term "customer service" with a grain of salt! They told me they were waiting for the vendor to ship the grips to them, witch is strange because when I ordered the grips they told me they were in stock. I haven't begun the process of trying to get a refund I'm sure that will be pleasant.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:35 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Heres what I dont get.

* There are threads everywhere on this issue
* It has gone back to about February
* They wont answer phones, email or IM
* Its the same crap day after day after day

All we get is the same rhetoric and they expect us to believe it... We're not a bunch of dummies here and JP realllllllly needs to understand this.. I have not ordered since March which after 1 month of contact attempts on a DAILY basis I was able to reach them... Sorry but 4 months of an operational, logistical and supply chain issues this continues? I know a really great PMP who can get this corrected for you...

Old 06-16-2016, 09:48 AM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

I ordered a new throttle assy. nearly 3 weeks ago. Still not shipped. I called & told them my riding days are numbered & this may well be my last season (lots of bad hip & leg days). Still not shipped.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:16 AM
Bonneville Racer
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I am really surprised that folks keep ordering from them with all of these issues. It is not like they sell items that you cannot get anywhere else.

I know Drag Specialties is not happy with MAG, so much so that they have put Vance and Hines exhaust way back in the book now.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Lawson_Inc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ordered black drag bars, waited 2 weeks, bought some cheap ones locally, powdercoated them black myself, the day came to install them and finally the new ones arrived...scratched and beaten up. Only took one time to say **** that place. Denniskirk has been good the last 4 orders since. Rear tire ordered yesterday, shipped yesterday, will be here tomorrow. I even got a tracking number, lol.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:31 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by J&P Cycles
J&P Cycles is very aware of the comments being made about our customer service and shipping issues. They are a result of moving our distribution center and using a new fulfillment software system. We sincerely apologize to all our customers for the issues and all members of our senior leadership including GM Zach Parham have made numerous trips to our new distribution center. Zach has a video message regarding these issues you can see here.

Please be patient with our customer service as they continue to be overwhelmed with calls and chat session requests. We continue to hire additional staff to reduce the wait time.

J&P Cycles is not making excuses but doing all we can to fix the issues we've had and get your parts to you as quickly as possible. We've had additional issues recently which continue to hamper our ability to catch up.

J&P Cycles is doing everything it can and greatly appreciate our customers and thank you for your understanding.
Not good enough.

The following users liked this post:
Redoilokie (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 11:21 AM
RKGDCG03
Road Warrior
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 535 Likes on 378 Posts

As Bonneville Racer said I really don't know why anybody on this board would order from them. There reputation went in the drink a long time ago. I've never found anything they have that I couldn't find same price or cheaper at Dennis Kirk or Phat Performance. Evidently there bottom line $$ doesn't mean much to them.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:33 AM
hillbillywhisperer
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered a product from them on 6/9 and it still says in process. Other products I ordered from others on the same day were here last week.

Fixin' to e-mail them and see what the hold up is. It supposedly was in stock.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:29 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Took 4 weeks and 3 phone calls for my last order (a speedo drive gear that goes on the countershaft).

So... I need a couple more parts for my 49 EL project. Used Tedds for all but one part cuz I figured I would give J&P one more try.

I call, talk to the sales rep, explain my apprehension, he reassures me the shipping issue is really and FINALLY fixed, so I take the chance and buy into the talk. Crap am I ever a dumba$$.

1 week in...log in, says the order is being processed. Call, get a rep after 15 minutes (they did say that high volume of service call will create delays on a recorded message). Rep say the part is in the shipping department and will be shipped in 24-48 hours. K...slower than I expected but I will stand by to stand by.

Today (72 hours later), I log in to check on the status and it still reads,,,in process. WTF?????????

Place the call and 27 minutes lates I final connect with a service rep who proceeds to give the same line of bull$hit. When I tell her that I was told the same tghinhg previously she states that she has no way of tracing my order once it goes to the in process/shipping department (warehouse in Kentucky). So I suppose the warehouse is using Morse Code and no one in Iowa can decipher it.

I ask her if she will forward my disgust to management and how pitiful and lousy their customer service has become. her response...They are well aware of the customer dissatisfaction and have told us (sales/service reps) NOT to forward any complaints because they (the management) do not want to hear about it.

Told her it was a seriously bad business model and that I would no longer do business with them (probably around 30 years of history).

Also referred her to this forum. She said she was aware of it.

Pathetic...simply pathetic. FTFFs

On a side note. I paid through my PayPal account. It is directly linked to my checking account. Anyone know if there is a procedure to cancel an order thatr has not been shipped and get your money back? told the guy on the first order (speedo gear) that I wanted to cancel, but he shipped anyway (after he said he would cancel it). Wasn't worth the effort to have to send a part back (at my expense) on a $13 item.

And finally...I am not computer smart, but is there a social network (not sure what to call it) connected to J&P? Word need to go out on these chumps. They need to be driven into the ground. If their profit margin drops they actually might do something. Time to p h uc k them where it really hurts.

Last edited by panz4ever; 06-16-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles shipping Issues.