General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles shipping Issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 08:33 AM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

Ordered some grips, rear pegs, shifter pegs and a brake pedal pad. The pad and grips came in a couple days. The rear pegs and shifter pegs have NO ETA. Order was placed last week.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:45 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

I have done business with J&P for years. I have a couple hundred dollars in my cart I was going to order in a couple of weeks. I will probably give them another try.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:03 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by J&P Cycles
J&P Cycles is very aware of the comments being made about our customer service and shipping issues. They are a result of moving our distribution center and using a new fulfillment software system. We sincerely apologize to all our customers for the issues and all members of our senior leadership including GM Zach Parham have made numerous trips to our new distribution center. Zach has a video message regarding these issues you can see here.

Please be patient with our customer service as they continue to be overwhelmed with calls and chat session requests. We continue to hire additional staff to reduce the wait time.

J&P Cycles is not making excuses but doing all we can to fix the issues we've had and get your parts to you as quickly as possible. We've had additional issues recently which continue to hamper our ability to catch up.

J&P Cycles is doing everything it can and greatly appreciate our customers and thank you for your understanding.
Ordered a speedo drive gear for a countershaft. That order took just over 4 weeks and 3 phone calls. Thought I would give them one more try and so far it has been 7 days and it shows the order still "in process". The order #P1185088. Been a long time customer but if this too ends like the last, then I am done and will take my business elsewhere.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:23 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,128 Likes on 2,802 Posts

They lost a customer with me on my last order. I ordered parts that I wanted installed before a ride that was two weeks out and they missed the window. If the parts had been shown "not in stock" when I placed the order, I could understand, but when you tell me you have it, that means it's on your shelf, not the manufacturers. That explanation that was given to me by the CS rep and is complete bs. Revzilla from now on!

Old 06-14-2016, 01:31 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 2,444 Posts
Default Um no...

J&P Cycles is very aware of the comments being made about our customer service and shipping issues. They are a result of moving our distribution center and using a new fulfillment software system. We sincerely apologize to all our customers for the issues and all members of our senior leadership including GM Zach Parham have made numerous trips to our new distribution center. Zach has a video message regarding these issues you can see here.

Please be patient with our customer service as they continue to be overwhelmed with calls and chat session requests. We continue to hire additional staff to reduce the wait time.

J&P Cycles is not making excuses but doing all we can to fix the issues we've had and get your parts to you as quickly as possible. We've had additional issues recently which continue to hamper our ability to catch up.

J&P Cycles is doing everything it can and greatly appreciate our customers and thank you for your understanding.

We've seen this and other canned messages since March. If you cant deliver, don't take orders.. Its really that simple..

The following users liked this post:
joes bar and grill (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 01:43 PM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 06-14-2016, 03:16 PM
sgrider08
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skratch
yeah, I mean, I ordered a set of tires from them last month and it took almost 3 days for them to get here. I mean, c'mon.

in all seriousness, I think it may have more to do with inventory on hand as opposed to slow shipping. if they don't have it, then they have to wait to get it before they can ship it out to you. I was lucky, the website said the tires were in stock. but I've heard from others who have ordered 'in stock' items and still been hit with 'backordered'. maybe a quick call before ordering is in line?
I ordered the tire a week ago and still was not shipped and it was in stock. I placed an order back in March and it took 3 weeks to ship. This problem started around Christmas time last year. One would think they would have all the bugs worked out in their shipping system by now. I buy from Dennis Kirk now and they ship items the day that I place the order.

J&P Cycles has lost my business.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:19 PM
joes bar and grill
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by sgrider08
I ordered the tire a week ago and still was not shipped and it was in stock. I placed an order back in March and it took 3 weeks to ship. This problem started around Christmas time last year. One would think they would have all the bugs worked out in their shipping system by now. I buy from Dennis Kirk now and they ship items the day that I place the order.

J&P Cycles has lost my business.
Prices are the same, the fact that DK ships the same day is big for me J&P has lost my business.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:20 PM
sgrider08
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry you have had these issues for far too long. I work in manufacturing and If we don't fix the problems quickly then we loose customers. And you have lost me as a customer!!!

Old 06-16-2016, 08:26 AM
sharpshooter
Road Warrior
Received 149 Likes on 64 Posts

Well Im getting random pieces of my order now. Ordered 4 things, 2 things show up a couple days after I placed the order. Then yesterday another piece showed up. The 4th piece is MIA. No clue when itll show up.

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles shipping Issues.