General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles shipping Issues.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 04:35 PM
Bonneville Racer
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

It is now owned by Motorcycle Aftermarket Group (MAG):

http://www.maggroup.com/

Old 06-13-2016, 04:43 PM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,962 Likes on 1,160 Posts

I don't know if they were bought out but J&P joined with a group of other companies and formed "MAG - Motorsport Aftermarket Group" http://www.maggroup.com/about-us.

It includes J&P Cycle, Motorcycle Superstore, Vance & Hines, Mustang Seats, Performance Machine, Progressive Suspension, Burly Brand, Roland Sands, Kuryakyn, Renthal, & others.

J&P has always done right by me but there is way too many bad stories popping up from their "shipping problems" lately. Hope they straighten it out, I liked doing business with them.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:58 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 519 Likes on 268 Posts

I love JP Cycle. I was just in there yesterday.
I walk in, grab what I want, pay for it, and walk out the door.

The following users liked this post:
Roster (06-14-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 04:59 PM
DeaD SpacE
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Guess I got lucky.Made two orders last week and got both of them within
three days.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:33 PM
joes bar and grill
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Nothing but trouble with shipping on my last two orders, they were my very last orders

Old 06-13-2016, 05:43 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,264 Likes on 12,068 Posts

No problems with J&P yet. I made an order on June 6, shipped June 7 and out for delivery to my residence today.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:18 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,377 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by sgrider08
Has anyone else experienced long shipping times with J&P Cycles this year? They have had shipping issues for the whole year. One would think that they would right the ship and fix the shipping times. One order this year took almost 2 weeks to ship. And now another order is almost at a week since order and still hasn't shipped.

I'm thinking about switching all my Business to Dennis Kirk. Have had great customer service from this site. J&P customer service has been horrible all year.

yeah, I mean, I ordered a set of tires from them last month and it took almost 3 days for them to get here. I mean, c'mon.

in all seriousness, I think it may have more to do with inventory on hand as opposed to slow shipping. if they don't have it, then they have to wait to get it before they can ship it out to you. I was lucky, the website said the tires were in stock. but I've heard from others who have ordered 'in stock' items and still been hit with 'backordered'. maybe a quick call before ordering is in line?

Old 06-13-2016, 07:19 PM
reacher
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Had an order sit waiting to ship for over a week. I had to travel to Iowa City for something else, so I ended up driving all the way up to Anamosa and back, out of my way by 45 mins each way, so that I could pick it up in person.

It'll be a long time before I order something else to be shipped from them, if ever.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:25 PM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,932 Likes on 2,443 Posts

my thread went viral in march and was locked. they suck and don't give a crap but theyre very happy to take your order and not deliver..

they got my last dime..

The following users liked this post:
joes bar and grill (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 08:29 AM
J&P Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Customer Service Issues

J&P Cycles is very aware of the comments being made about our customer service and shipping issues. They are a result of moving our distribution center and using a new fulfillment software system. We sincerely apologize to all our customers for the issues and all members of our senior leadership including GM Zach Parham have made numerous trips to our new distribution center. Zach has a video message regarding these issues you can see here.

Please be patient with our customer service as they continue to be overwhelmed with calls and chat session requests. We continue to hire additional staff to reduce the wait time.

J&P Cycles is not making excuses but doing all we can to fix the issues we've had and get your parts to you as quickly as possible. We've had additional issues recently which continue to hamper our ability to catch up.

J&P Cycles is doing everything it can and greatly appreciate our customers and thank you for your understanding.

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles shipping Issues.