General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles shipping Issues.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 08:45 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,285 Likes on 1,320 Posts

I made an order to J&P early this week for some shovelhead parts. They were on my doorstep the very next day. Knocked me down as I spent over a Benjamin and with free shipping I figured they would ship my order on a pack mule. I usually try and skirt around J&P because their prices are high but after I waited 3 FRICKIN' MONTHS for my LAST order from one of their competitors I decided to give them another try and I'm glad I did.

carl

Old 07-08-2016, 08:07 AM
J&P Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Carl,
Please send us a message with your order number and we'll make sure it gets addressed as quickly as possible.

Thank you

Old 07-08-2016, 12:51 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,208 Likes on 6,727 Posts

Hey J&P,
I think we found the problem. Carl said he GOT HIS PARTS THE VERY NEXT DAY.
You're supposed to address the ones that are late.
Or did you want them back, so you can hold them for awhile?

Comprehending English is very important. Damn man...get your **** together.

Last edited by RHPAW; 07-08-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 01:04 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

J & P Cycles can go to hell. The problem i had with my first and last recent order with them was a joke. A joke. I have never experienced anything like that. They are crooks plain and simple. Their customer service is a complete joke. If you currently order with them you need to stop now. If you haven't been ripped off yet, its coming.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:07 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

This is funny, i just noticed J & P cycles are responding to these. Are you kidding me? On here? How about responding to the multiple emails and phone calls i put in to your actual customer service center? You guys are complete ******** and should go out of business. Thanks for ripping me off, as well as hundreds of others.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Bonneville Racer
Banned
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The folks (MAG) who own J&P own a lot of different companies to include Vance and Hines. It will be interesting to see how MAG does in the next couple of years after all these problems.

Old 07-08-2016, 02:17 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,128 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Originally Posted by J&P Cycles
I'd like to apologize for the issues you and the rest of our customers have experienced regarding shipping issues that started earlier this year in March. J&P Cycles recently relocated our main distribution center to Kentucky and began utilizing a new order processing and shipping system.

As a result, we began experiencing order processing delays in addition to a backlog of inventory being received. To address these issues, we have had many members of our senior leadership working in the distribution center, staff on-site working through the new order processing and shipping system, and hiring a great fulfillment staff and adding a third shift to increase order delivery.

We appreciates the frustration you and the rest of our customers have experienced and are thankful for the understanding while we continue to make improvements on a regular basis.

Should you or anyone else need help tracking or processing your order, please send a private message and I will work with members of our customer service team.

Thank you,
Neil Parker
Brand Marketing Manager

Two questions.

1) When will J&P return to business as usual?

2) Will stating items are in stock continue to mean "the manufacturer has them"?

The latter is misleading and I will not deal with a business that I don't trust. J&P lost my trust by lying on their website and then giving the above excuse when called on it. Most people can accept growing pains. I will not tolerate lies. I don't have to. There are plenty of other options for generic motorcycle parts, most of which are cheaper.

The following users liked this post:
joes bar and grill (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 06:29 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Originally Posted by RHPAW
Hey J&P,
I think we found the problem. Carl said he GOT HIS PARTS THE VERY NEXT DAY.
You're supposed to address the ones that are late.
Or did you want them back, so you can hold them for awhile?

Comprehending English is very important. Damn man...get your **** together.
Glad to see that I wasn't the only person that read that about the parts being there the next day. Maybe it would be wise for some to read the entire reply before making one of their own.

Old 07-08-2016, 07:49 PM
TroubleHead Fred
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,962 Likes on 1,160 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Two questions.

1) When will J&P return to business as usual?

2) Will stating items are in stock continue to mean "the manufacturer has them"?

The latter is misleading and I will not deal with a business that I don't trust. J&P lost my trust by lying on their website and then giving the above excuse when called on it. Most people can accept growing pains. I will not tolerate lies. I don't have to. There are plenty of other options for generic motorcycle parts, most of which are cheaper.
This part is troubling to me. I have been a customer for more than 20 years. I understand they outgrew their old way of doing things, have expanded and had a rough start of getting things going again. While they were going through this rather than order from them knowing of the delays I ordered some parts elsewhere. I had every intention of returning my business to them as soon as things smooth out. However, if this is the new business model (deception of items in stock) I will do business elsewhere. I hope this isn't the case.

Old 07-09-2016, 07:09 PM
chrisg81983
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by J&P Cycles
I'd like to apologize for the issues you and the rest of our customers have experienced regarding shipping issues that started earlier this year in March. J&P Cycles recently relocated our main distribution center to Kentucky and began utilizing a new order processing and shipping system.

As a result, we began experiencing order processing delays in addition to a backlog of inventory being received. To address these issues, we have had many members of our senior leadership working in the distribution center, staff on-site working through the new order processing and shipping system, and hiring a great fulfillment staff and adding a third shift to increase order delivery.

We appreciates the frustration you and the rest of our customers have experienced and are thankful for the understanding while we continue to make improvements on a regular basis.

Should you or anyone else need help tracking or processing your order, please send a private message and I will work with members of our customer service team.

Thank you,
Neil Parker
Brand Marketing Manager

Thank you Neil for the explanation... I myself along with many others always had great experiences with J&P until recently. If somebody would have explained this when I called to cancel the order I would of had a totally different outlook on the situation, but that was not the issue. Instead I was saying to myself " how can a company this big have such a hard time sending out four bottles of ride on." Then on top of that have no explanation what was going on a week later when I paid a lot extra to have it shipped next day air. I am glad you made all this clear, and I appreciate the honest explanation. I will definitely give it another go in the near future hope you have the quirks worked out by then.
Have a good weekend
Chris G

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles shipping Issues.