General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was I expecting too much?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016 | 05:10 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member

Originally Posted by rubberfrog
I stopped at the dealer to take a dump and the toilet paper was rough. It really tore me up. I'm still pissed about it.
My local dealer has John Wayne toilet paper.

Tough as nails and don't take **** off no one.

To the OP: Yes you were expecting too much and yes you're a dick. Glad i could help.

Old 06-01-2016 | 05:17 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Welcome to HD Block, General Population. Where self centered musings are met with harsh, reality based criticism

Old 06-01-2016 | 06:26 AM
sumncguy
Road Warrior
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by turbotom1052
Went to my local dealerships Open House this past weekend. Now Ive been to many open houses over the years and looking back, see some of them as a real blast, and some of them as a snooze fest. However they all had one thing in common.... they all fed me while their salesman did their best to sell me a bike.
This open house was different. Got there to find not a snooze fest but a SAUSAGE fest. They did have a decent band but the only food available was a vendor charging ripoff prices. Along with a food vendor there were also product vendors that Ill bet were paying the dealership to set up their stands for the day. Of course there was the obligatory bikini bike wash featuring a couple of decent looking spinners young enough to be my granddaughters, but the main eye candy was the bikes that you couldn't even stop for a second to look at, without being mugged by way overly aggressive salesmen. All in all I seen it as a wasted tank of gas. My buddies and I were out of there pronto looking for some real food that was worth the money. Here is what I'm wondering??? Do you guys think I'm being a DICK and experiencing feelings of entitlement?
No I don't think your being a dick at all. Prices at the dealerships ...ANY brand are friggin ridiculous. Rallys, open houses and "fests" use to be places to go to find real deals on parts and gear ... hang with friends and acquaintances .. and get a tasty reasonably priced meal. Not any longer. Really look around and see how much is really being bought. As far as pushy salesmen .. one dealer lost a sale because of their agressive behavior. I bought my Ultra somewhere else.

Old 06-01-2016 | 06:32 AM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Went to my local dealerships Open House this past weekend. Now Ive been to many open houses over the years and looking back, see some of them as a real blast, and some of them as a snooze fest. However they all had one thing in common.... they all fed me while their salesman did their best to sell me a bike.
This open house was different. Got there to find not a snooze fest but a SAUSAGE fest. They did have a decent band but the only food available was a vendor charging ripoff prices. Along with a food vendor there were also product vendors that Ill bet were paying the dealership to set up their stands for the day. Of course there was the obligatory bikini bike wash featuring a couple of decent looking spinners young enough to be my granddaughters, but the main eye candy was the bikes that you couldn't even stop for a second to look at, without being mugged by way overly aggressive salesmen. All in all I seen it as a wasted tank of gas. My buddies and I were out of there pronto looking for some real food that was worth the money. Here is what I'm wondering??? Do you guys think I'm being a DICK and experiencing feelings of entitlement?
No I don't think your being a dick at all. Prices at the dealerships ...ANY brand are friggin ridiculous. Rallys, open houses and "fests" use to be places to go to find real deals on parts and gear ... hang with friends and acquaintances .. and get a tasty reasonably priced meal. Not any longer. Really look around and see how much is really being bought. As far as pushy salesmen .. one dealer lost a sale because of their agressive behavior. I bought my Ultra somewhere else.

Old 06-01-2016 | 07:02 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member

So if you had been given a free wiener then it would have been OK for the salesman to hound you when looking at the new bikes? What exactly were you expecting to happen at this Open House event? Hand job while sitting on a new Rushmore?

Old 06-01-2016 | 09:12 AM
Prot
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by sumncguy
The OP was not looking for a tasty reasonably priced meal. He was looking for a free one.

Besides this is not a party at a friends house. It's at a place that sells bikes and bike parts and services. Why would they not try to sell bikes, parts, and services at their place of business? I do agree that there is a point where aggressive salesman cause diminishing returns, but that is the difference between the guys working there that make a sale and the ones that are unable to sell anything. Essentially it comes down to some people are better at their jobs than others, regardless of the line of work.

I am willing to bet the food was part of a fund raiser for charity or for someone who has a terrible disease or house burned down, or some other worthy cause that you would think that someone that can afford to pay twenty grand for a luxury item would have no problem paying five bucks to contribute to the cause and get a burger/hot dog / bowl of chili in the process.

Somehow, I think this seems relevant.

Last edited by Prot; 06-01-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2016 | 10:14 AM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

what has you thinking that I didn't bring something to the party? Ive made many purchases with them over the course of the last few years to include a few tune up items the very day of the open house. Although I did not purchase a bike from them 3 of the guys I was with did. It would appear that your assessment of me and my buddies as freeloaders is a bit flawed. Thats the sad thing about guys like you. You talk out of the side of your neck based on things you know nothing about. I wonder whats worse... a cheap ***** like me or just a ***** in general like yourself!!!
"It`s ****** like me that keep c***s****rs like you in business"

Last edited by hvacgaspiping; 06-01-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-01-2016 | 12:20 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dynamick
Tell your dealer to upgrade to the Project Flushmore paper

Now that there is funny.

Old 06-01-2016 | 02:54 PM
monkeyboy22
Outstanding HDF Member

Another fine example of someone that asks everyone's opinion of something and then disagrees with the responses. Who in their right mind would knock something that is free (music, oogling bikini clad women) other than the clap.

Old 06-01-2016 | 03:33 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by monkeyboy22
Another fine example of someone that asks everyone's opinion of something and then disagrees with the responses. Who in their right mind would knock something that is free (music, oogling bikini clad women) other than the clap.

I think the OP was expecting too much of this thread.

Quick Reply: Was I expecting too much?