General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was I expecting too much?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016 | 03:57 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member

Time to make some fresh popcorn - this is becoming entertaining...

Old 05-31-2016 | 03:59 PM
xyzzyxyzzy
Tourer

When my local dealership has one of these free food fests, I ride my pedal bike to their facility and, once there, do my level best to consume mass quantities of their fine food offerings. I view these productions as part of their substantial advertising budget. In a way, they have set certain expectations amongst their clientele and they now have to live with potential disparaging commentary when they ratchet down their free offerings. Hey, it's a tough world out there in H-D dealership land. Said dealerships will just have to "deal" with it.

On the topic of obtaining maximal dealership foodage/drinkage, you should consider signing up for a "H-D 101" event. At the dealership here in Northern Colorado, that event is a bona fide feeding/drinking frenzy. There is an open bar with real liquor, nice sandwiches and multiple choices for dessert. And the sales droids aren't even too pushy. Very nice.

Old 05-31-2016 | 04:19 PM
turbotom1052
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Jack Sullivan
Ever hear "Alway bring something to the party"? That means if you going to the open house buy a shirt, gloves, pegs or something. You don't have to buy a bike. To many 100% freeloaders like you and your buddies probably put an end to the freebees. If you were hungry you should have just bought a sausage and drink you cheap *****. My dealer is great. Montey's W. Bridgewater, MA. They just had their open house. Free food, drink, DJ, etc...I didn't eat or drink but I spent about 100 on some things I needed like K & N filter cleaning kit, black saddlebag reconditioner and a nice T.
what has you thinking that I didn't bring something to the party? Ive made many purchases with them over the course of the last few years to include a few tune up items the very day of the open house. Although I did not purchase a bike from them 3 of the guys I was with did. It would appear that your assessment of me and my buddies as freeloaders is a bit flawed. Thats the sad thing about guys like you. You talk out of the side of your neck based on things you know nothing about. I wonder whats worse... a cheap ***** like me or just a ***** in general like yourself!!!

Old 05-31-2016 | 04:25 PM
turbotom1052
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Markymannn
I guess I'll say it is OK the HD dealer does some kind, any kind of event.

My Ford and Hyundai dealers do nothing and I dropped some serious money there
the difference between your ford and hundai dealership that does nothing and a harley dealer is that the harley dealership counts on all the follow up biznez they can get from you selling all kings of overpriced Harley accessories. And lets not forget the hope that they have in getting to bend you over when it comes to service. What happened to all the guys I'm always hearing that refer to the dealerships as stealerships???

Old 05-31-2016 | 05:42 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy

You also mentioned that it was a sausage fest except for the bikini clad girls washing bikes.

That sort of implies that you were expecting the dealer to furnish complimentary hookers as well.

On a more positive note, dealer here is advertising that if you test ride two bikes you get entered into a drawing to win one free bike.

Don't mind me. I am in the midst of passing kidney stone #67 within the last couple of weeks, so thanks for providing distracting entertainment.

Last edited by Prot; 05-31-2016 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-31-2016 | 06:00 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by kngpn
I've only been to a few at my dealer.. they typically have free burgers and dogs and dollar beers. But they can get too crowded and too many "cool" duck walkers for my taste.

"Cool?" or "bad ***?" I'm thinking that these days the desired effect is "bad ***."

Old 05-31-2016 | 06:05 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member

Sorry but I'm not up 2 speed with the HD Forum lingo.... What exactly is a duck walker???

Old 05-31-2016 | 06:08 PM
fatmurse
Tourer

Oh My God, HDForum! You will never believe what me an my riding crew experienced this weekend! We all fired up our hogs and went to a garage sale at some dude named turbotom1052's house! What a lame'o'event! No wine and cheese like the good garage sales! No free food at all! The only refreshments available were from a lemonade stand that a group of kids were (turbotom's kids?) running! They were asking an extravagant price for a cup of lemonaide that shoulda been free! The worst part was when we were looking at the items for sale! Holy crap! Everytime one of us would TOUCH an item old tom was in our face telling us we needed to buy it NOW! What a sausagefest! I hope I'm not feeling entitled or being a dick but I deserve to have good garage sale experiences! I DO!
Grow up. stop being an infant that acts like an entitled dick. No one made you go, you did it by choice. Deserve has nothing to do with it

Old 05-31-2016 | 06:11 PM
JustOneDean
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by MatteGlide15
Sorry but I'm not up 2 speed with the HD Forum lingo.... What exactly is a duck walker???

Old 05-31-2016 | 06:22 PM
Jack Sullivan
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by turbotom1052
what has you thinking that I didn't bring something to the party? Ive made many purchases with them over the course of the last few years to include a few tune up items the very day of the open house. Although I did not purchase a bike from them 3 of the guys I was with did. It would appear that your assessment of me and my buddies as freeloaders is a bit flawed. Thats the sad thing about guys like you. You talk out of the side of your neck based on things you know nothing about. I wonder whats worse... a cheap ***** like me or just a ***** in general like yourself!!!
BS If you and your butties bought three bikes you wouldn't be bitching and your fellas would have got all the sausage you could cram down your throats. Read your OP...you and your butties didn't buy ****.

Quick Reply: Was I expecting too much?