General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is your defination of the Harley skull.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:06 AM
Big Pa
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What is your defination of the Harley skull.

It's what we all look like on the inside.
Joe

Old 09-29-2007, 02:59 PM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Clammy

Interesting that the OP asked a question of the poeple who HAVE skulls on their bikes, and a bunch of people who DON'T have any skulls on their bikes feel it's necessary to pipe in with their opinions. So do you guys regularly asnwer questions when it's someone else being asked?
Where have you been? There are quite a few keyboard pilots around here who comment in this forum, and in all the sub-forums, on topics than don't concern them, or about which they know absolutely nothing. Maybe they have nothing better to do, or feel compelled to get their two cents in wherever possible, or are just raising the old post count.Consider it aa mystery.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:10 PM
06train
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[sm=pcwhack.gif]

Old 09-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 854 Likes on 296 Posts

Mortality.....and the fact nobody here survives this Earth........

Old 09-29-2007, 03:34 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

You'd never guess, but I kinda like the HD Skull. People who don't just must be stoopid. So are the people who like chrome or not enough of it.And what's with the blacked out stuff....that's really dumb....and boogie lights...and god...and those leather streamers on handle bars...and ape hangers...and really tall sissy bars....and whats with solo seats, how do you pick up chicks? [8D]

p.s. my bike is faster than yours...na na na na na na

Old 09-29-2007, 05:28 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Skulls can mean DEATH......or BADAS$.....
or could mean 'wannabe'.
Hard to tell the difference sometimes until it is too late.
(If the bike has a cup holder, and it has a cup full of tobacco juice........
your guess is as good as mine) LOL

Old 09-29-2007, 06:46 PM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain

Reminds me that I am mortal.Plus, I like them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13911/052D079CE57443FAB2D7419596A92A40.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13911/67EDC8730954453280CF3CFB2C2C6259.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-29-2007, 08:04 PM
x2lee
Banned

I dont have any skulls on my bike but I have one in my head. Its a very nice looking one, and while chicks think its a decoration I like it because it houses my brain. And some people dont think I have a brain but honest, its right there inside my skull.
so my answer is...
I only have 1 skull on my bike and it houses the nav system.
ORIGINAL: JohnT

ORIGINAL: Clammy

Interesting that the OP asked a question of the poeple who HAVE skulls on their bikes, and a bunch of people who DON'T have any skulls on their bikes feel it's necessary to pipe in with their opinions. So do you guys regularly asnwer questions when it's someone else being asked?
Where have you been? There are quite a few keyboard pilots around here who comment in this forum, and in all the sub-forums, on topics than don't concern them, or about which they know absolutely nothing. Maybe they have nothing better to do, or feel compelled to get their two cents in wherever possible, or are just raising the old post count.Consider it aa mystery.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Matrix
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Thongs2U

When folks inquire about the skulls on your bike or apparel, what is your response?
I'm dangerous?, Spooky?, It's Halloween everyday?, attitude?, pre goth?, just to name a few.
Pirates used skull flags to keep the evils away.
What's your take on the whole skull thing? I just think they are cool.
Cheers.....

I have been drawing skulls and other Grim Reaper type drawings since I was kid,have played guitar for atleast 24 years now, have always loved Harleys and skulls. They just all seem to go together.

I just think that they are cool. I also think that the Live to Ride theme has long been worn out. Thats just my opinion. (If you like them, good they are onyour bike and you will not find one on my bike).

To me the Harley Skullmakes a personal statement for mewhich is similar to Live toRide, that statement being" RideTill You Die"!

Old 06-25-2010, 02:23 PM
The Kerrminator
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old thread, but I came across it and feel like putting in my 2 cents despite the many posts complaining about whether or not people should or shouldn't comment on the subject (LOL).

I think the definition of the Harley Skull began to develop leading into 1930's. By this time the reputation of Harley riders was they were rebels and outlaws. Their skull and wings logo was inspired by the skulls and cross bones logo typically associated with pirates, poison or death. HD created their own version with wings rather than bones. I think the skulls have stayed so popular because everyone has that inner rebel just wanting to come out (some let it out more than others obviously). There certainly are the many posers out there who simply want to look the part which takes away from the authenticity and believability of the true "Harley bada$$" aura.

I don't know the full history on the logos, but there is a plethora of information online for anyone who wants to know where the logos came from. Personally I like skulls. At the studio I worked for in New York I made motorcycle club patches and one of the clubs we made them for had a large decrepit skull as their center patch. It was cool and not like many other skulls out there. They wanted that bada$$ look and they certainly were. lol

Quick Reply: What is your defination of the Harley skull.