General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 06:45 PM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by J-Rock
I'm waiting on Vance and Hines Pipes, slip ons, and FP3 for my Road King Screamin Eagle. I just thought I'd check back with a few of you to see how the FP3 is working out for you. A couple of my friends seem to think I should return it and get a simple tuner with a dyno-tune. Any regrets or thoughts?

Just got mine (FP3) today as you can read, only rode once for a short bit during my lunch. I've noticed a difference already in a positive way. I just applied Auto Tune, and have not ridden yet after that.

Stay tuned...

Old 05-31-2016, 11:53 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

After one relatively short auto tune session I am impressed with the difference it made. Bike is running smoother and stronger already. Not sure why I waited to auto tune!

Old 06-01-2016, 06:28 PM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior

I am really liking this tuner. I've only applied one auto tune session and I'm liking the way the bike sounds and feels.

Old 06-05-2016, 09:51 AM
teal379
Tourer
Received 171 Likes on 92 Posts

I've run 3 tanks of fuel since doing my power vision download with the map Fuel Moto sent me.

On the previous 1500 miles I put on the bike, it was a 41-44 mpg machine. Not bad but I ride conservative, usually shifting low RPM and just cruising. Doubt I've ever seen 3400 rpm except to pass once in a while.

My first 3 tanks of fuel since doing the tune - 54, 45 and 51 mpg.

I don't know why but I have a feeling the tune that was in the bike previous was REALLY off. Perhaps the previous owner had one done when he put the SE slip ons on the bike and it was done wrong.

The 45 mpg tank - I was specifically trying to run a higher RPM on average and expected to see a drop. We'll see how this current tank gets.

I'm tempted to do some auto tune runs to see if things can be improved but I don't know if that's even possible.

Still very high on Fuel Moto.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:07 AM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior

Well, I'm liking this tuner very much. I've applied the auto tune values a few times and actually didn't like how it put the decel pop back in, after the original "canned" tune took it out. I've gone back to the "canned" tune and am loving it. Bike sounds and runs great. I'm very happy with this purchase.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:31 AM
kwn36
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

After reading through Spikes thread, I went to Revzilla and saw nothing but very positive reviews on the FP3. My bike is completely stock, and I'll likely keep it stock for this riding season mainly because I have no clue (yet) which pipes I want to put on it.

Regardless, I may very well pick up a FP3 to see if I can improve upon the stock tune. V&H customer service claims an improvement in throttle response, operating temp and "general rideability" on a stock bike.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:46 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by kwn36
After reading through Spikes thread, I went to Revzilla and saw nothing but very positive reviews on the FP3. My bike is completely stock, and I'll likely keep it stock for this riding season mainly because I have no clue (yet) which pipes I want to put on it.

Regardless, I may very well pick up a FP3 to see if I can improve upon the stock tune. V&H customer service claims an improvement in throttle response, operating temp and "general rideability" on a stock bike.
When I first got my FP3 I ran it with my essentially stock bike at the time for a couple weeks. It definitely helps over the factory map. Especially throttle response off idle and slow speeds.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:48 AM
kwn36
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

^Good to hear...thanks!

Old 06-08-2016, 11:50 AM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior

I'm sure you'll like it. On top of that, if/when you do go stage 1, you'll already have your tuner. Another nice feature (if you choose to keep the tuner plugged in after you download a map), is you can use a smart phone display to show "real time", what your bike is doing in different areas; engine temp, Torque, HP, speed, MPG, battery voltage, RPM, Intake Temp, gear position, front spark advance, rear spark advance, manifold air pressure, economy indicator, or throttle position. The display gives you 5 of those things at once, and is configurable on which 5 you can look at. My tuner came with a handlebar mount for a phone.

Another nice feature is that if you don't care to monitor what your bike is doing, you don't have to leave the tuner on the bike after you've downloaded your map.

I think about the only thing I don't like about it, is that once you've "married" the tuner to your bike (VIN), it can never be used on another bike. I can totally understand not wanting a customer to purchase one tuner and uploading maps (tuning) on all your buddies bikes, but there is technology out there that only lets you tune one bike at a time. Once you use your tuner to put the bike back to stock, my opinion is that it should divorce the bike to be used on your next one.

Last edited by gotnspikes; 06-08-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Twospot
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I bought an FP3 with the intention of doing a Stage 1 upgrade. I did the Stage 1 but I setup the FP3 and pushed a stock map to my bike before I even ordered my new exhaust and a/c. Made a difference for sure. I definitely felt a little more and the engine temp went down too. If you plan on doing pipes and a/c, but don't know what parts or don't have all the money yet, at least pick the FP3 up. You'll notice a difference even with a stock setup. Then you reflash once you do your upgrade

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto