Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&P Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 07:40 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,963 Likes on 2,755 Posts
Default J&P Cycles

Does anyone use them for parts any more?

I've used them in the past with mixed results, but it seems things are slipping. I placed an order 12 days ago for products that were "in stock" and I've received half the order. When questioned, after waiting on hold for 20 minutes (literally, I checked), I was told that it means they are in stock with the manufacturer, lol.

Revzilla is going to put them out of business if this is their new business model.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:47 AM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

They've lost a customer for good with me. Recently placed an "in stock" order...over a full week later nothing had shipped. I called and canceled over the phone, but apparently the rep didnt follow through because the order still shows in process another week later and I've had to file a PayPal dispute to get my money back.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:58 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

I realize the foot soldiers in customer service have nothing to do with it and try not to take my frustration out on them. They are the victims of poor management. When a customer has been waiting 12 days for an item that shows "in stock" and J&P just received it from their supplier, overnight shipping should be a given. The customer shouldn't even have to ask, let alone have to pass it to a supervisor.

The company is in trouble if this is their new business model. I will not be using them in the future. My business alone won't hurt them much, but I'm fairly certain I'm not alone and it adds up.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:58 AM
Next In Line
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

Unless you are ordering directly from the manufacturer, pretty much all online retailers will not have the item in stock.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:17 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Next In Line
Unless you are ordering directly from the manufacturer, pretty much all online retailers will not have the item in stock.
Summit Racing? Jegs? Revzilla? Brownells? Dennis Kirk? Amazon?

If they don't have an item in stock, you never know the difference. To advertise a part as "in stock and shipping within 1-2 days" if it is out of stock and they have no method to control when you will receive it is just false advertising. It looks like time and technology have passed them by.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:18 PM
Cousy
Road Captain
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
Summit Racing? Jegs? Revzilla? Brownells? Dennis Kirk? Amazon?

If they don't have an item in stock, you never know the difference. To advertise a part as "in stock and shipping within 1-2 days" if it is out of stock and they have no method to control when you will receive it is just false advertising. It looks like time and technology have passed them by.
Agreed. I've been using Dennis Kirk and have had good luck. Revzilla also looks good.

Motorcycle Superstore is another that I'll never waste time with again. Ordered product that was "In stock, expected to ship in 1 business day." They even listed an expected delivery date of two days later. Great, I thought. Three days passed without a shipping confirmation, so I called - only to find out that they had to order the product and couldn't even give me a definite shipping date.

If I'm not mistaken J&P and Motorcycle Superstore are owned by the same company.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:21 PM
DivineDark
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts

I buy everything from Revzilla. They've been amazing so far. I also love their return policy.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:21 PM
GaryInDelta
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My J & P latest experience

A month ago I wrote here that I placed an order w/J & P. Got the first part here in 24 hours (to western Colo.) A fluke? One mighty fast truck? Rest of the order got to Delta County in 4 business days.
Part 2: Placed an order Mon. May 16. First stuff (two foam handgrips--very heavy) got here in 23 hours (faster truck). Got an FTC notice from J & P on Thurs. 5/19 stating that two items I had already received 3-4 weeks ago were on backorder but would be on the way?? Also one of the currently ordered, but not yet here, items was mixed in on that FTC-required notice. So today, 5/20, I checked on line and part of my current order shipped 5/17 and the rest shipped today.
So I expect the rest to arrive by Mon. or Tues. That's all I can tell ya, and BTW I am not a shill for J & P.

Just sayin', Gary In Delta

Old 05-20-2016, 12:24 PM
tibadoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts

Been a few years since I used J&P - usually find what I need for better price and/or free shipping elsewhere. I always give them a shot when researching & pricing.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Lude-a-tick
Road Master
Received 545 Likes on 302 Posts

Have ordered twice in as many weeks and both were promptly received.

Quick Reply: J&P Cycles