General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many people have financed through Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: How many people have financed through Harley?

Financing is "usury" and against my religion. I pay CASH for everything I purchase. If I don't have enough, I don't buy.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:44 PM
madden23
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got 6.8% put 6K down and financed for 24 mos. on 07 superglide

Old 05-19-2007, 10:44 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Marblemania

Financing is "usury" and against my religion. I pay CASH for everything I purchase. If I don't have enough, I don't buy.
well ya , if your rich !! some of us have to borrow for things like bikes and homes
we can't all be like Randy

Old 05-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Rich? Yeah right. I saved for 9 years to buy my last Harley. 22 years to buy my paid for home.
BTW, I take in just under $1500 a month so I guess I'm Rich in comparrison.

You missed the point. If you want to pay twice for something, finance it.
Instant gratisfaction by using interest makes you a slave to the finance people. Do you think they don't "control" you by having to dicker over "RATE"?
If you went in to the "stealer" (good term) with cash, then you are in control and can reduce the total cost by thousands of dollars for the Harley you really want.

What I'm saying is that there are other ways to get what you want. I just hate it when people pay twice for something they deserve to have when they could get it for half of what it really costs them. If only people had some patience.

One other thing. the insurance that YOU pay for, covers THEIR machine, as it's not yours yet. At least until you have it paid off and they clear the title to you.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:55 PM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Rich? Yeah right. I saved for 9 years to buy my last Harley. 22 years to buy my paid for home.

You missed the point. If you want to pay twice for something, finance it.
Instant gratisfaction by using interest makes you a slave to the finance people. Do you think they don't "control" you by having to dicker over "RATE"?
If you went in to the "stealer" (good term) with cash, then you are in control and can reduce the total cost by thousands of dollars for the Harley you really want.

What I'm saying is that there are other ways to get what you want. I just hate it when people pay twice for something they deserve to have when they could get it for half of what it really costs them. If only people had some patience.

One other thing. the insurance that YOU pay for, covers THEIR machine, as it's not yours yet. At least until you have it paid off and they clear the title to you.
I agree I saved for a long time (not 9 years) even worked 1300mi. from home last spring for 3 1/2 months .Had enough to buy mine cash but the wife COULDN'T part with it.Bought mine from private seller so my bank would finance My credit is 780+ .However since the bike was 12 years old they would only offer 12 3/4% at 36 mo.Damn didn't want to pay $300 a mo.So we took cash from savings and put in a 60 mo.CD financed against that and at 6.25% on the loan and the CD making 4.5% I am paying 1.75% and by the end of the loan it will be making more intrest than I'm paying mand my wife can rest easy cause we will still have the money we saved for a few years.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

So that's 9 years of your life you could've been riding. As far as the home, how much were you paying for rent for those 22 years? You should certainly add that to the totalamountof what you paid for your home, which could be pretty close to what you would've paid if you financed it!

sledgeb1, how much of a hit do you think you'd take if you traded in your bike? What if you sold it privately?

Old 05-20-2007, 11:10 PM
joel85
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

12.25% on an 07 sportster. Interest is slightly higher because of the cheaper loan(would have gotten a better rate on a more expensive bike) Credit score was mid 600's. Oh well, It's worth it to owna Harley right?

Old 05-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master

5.9% through HD for my '07 Road King for 5 yrs.
This could have been my interest rate all the way up to a 7 yr loan, but that's waaaay too long to finance a bike for.

The best I could do with my area banks was 6.9 for 5 yrs so I jumped at the HD financing.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:42 AM
TEK 679
Road Captain

I bought mine thru my credit union at 5.5% at the time harley was 9.9%. I couldn't pass that rate up.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:08 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since we are about to buy my wife a new bike, we are familiar with their current rates. Right now they are offering 7% but if you spend about $2000 and buy the ESP and some "if you die" insurance, they move it down to 6.9%. I can get financing at my credit union for 5.45%. I told the guy at the Harley shop that if they'd match that, I'd finance with them, if not then I'll go with my credit union.

Quick Reply: How many people have financed through Harley?