General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Lowrider puttering

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Vic Williams
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/433-819 this is what you need. Clean your carb good while you're at it anyways. If you need to know what parts are just ask in the evo section... they can help you way more with that CV carb than any of these twinkie riders. By the way, you have a pretty bad intake leak. Hey, it happens man... those intake gaskets don't last forever. Bike sounds like it runs like a raped ape otherwise. You're now on your way to setting yourself apart from the majority of these idiots here, and that is a Harley rider with mechanical knowledge who can turn his own wrenches and knows what makes his bike roll down the road. Congratulations.

Please, shut up and stop giving advice. You're not qualified to do it.
Thanks, Just ordered those gaskets. I'm pretty mechanical savy. But this is my first bike and have never worked on a bike before. Now I have todo some research on Carb cleaning.

Old 05-24-2016, 08:23 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Vic Williams
Thanks, Just ordered those gaskets. I'm pretty mechanical savy. But this is my first bike and have never worked on a bike before. Now I have todo some research on Carb cleaning.
No problem buddy. Just mozy on over to the evo section... we/they will set you up straight.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:57 AM
Vic Williams
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter
Ok, I figure it was an evo as intake leaks are a common problem, but twin cams share a very similar intake set up as evo's, carb'd twin cams anyways. You say when you pull the enrichener out, that the issue goes away. This tells me that you have a lean condition and the engine is starved for fuel. While it may be a good idea to pull the carb apart and clean it, which means replacing the jets (theyre too cheap to bother cleaning), soaking it in cleaning vinegar for a while, replacing the float needle and cleaning the needle seat, and a new bowl gasket, I would do this first.

Fire the bike up, warm it up. At idle, spray some WD-40, or brake cleaner (NON-CHLORINE BRAKE CLEANER!!! SUPER IMPORTANT!!! YOUR LIFE COUNTS ON IT!!!!) around the intake manifold where the flanges meet the heads. If the bike sputters or stumbles, you have an intake leak, and you know what your problem is. Clean up your carb, and replace the intake gaskets. Because the enrichener fixes this issue you're having, it has to be an intake leak. I would still clean the carb anyways though.

There is no stupid snake oil fuel additive or cleaner that you put in your gas tank that will fix these problems. Those things are for stupid people with no mechanical knowledge or ability but have all the money in the world to spend.

UPDATE
I just wanted to update everyone. I replaced the intake gaskets. It turns out, that was my problem. Thanks tmanbuckhunter

Old 06-21-2016, 11:26 AM
ktp1598
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Thanks for the update!