General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley corp contact info

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:28 AM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Harley corp contact info

Does anyone have the contact info for Harley corp...for when you have a problem with a dealer?

Searching for "harley" on the forum gave a few too many hits

Old 05-18-2007, 11:55 AM
MJK
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Harley corp contact info

H-D Customer Service

414-343-4056

Old 05-18-2007, 11:55 AM
harleyxlc
Road Master

Wonderful, thank you!

Old 05-18-2007, 12:16 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, and make yourself comfortable and go to bathroom before you place the call. From past experience, once you call this number, you will be sitting listening to the "Your call is important to us" and "All representatives are busy at this time" crapola for quite a while. If you ever get a person, make sure you get a name right up front so that when they transfer you into phone limbo to some higher up, you can say, "I've already explained all of this to insert name here."

It's kind of like shampoo. You know....lather, rinse, repeat(with heavy emphasis on repeat).

Old 05-18-2007, 12:19 PM
UNCCHarley
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just curious, what kind of problem are you having.

Unome, I HATE that "Your call is important to us" CRAP. If our call was important you would hire more people to take calls!

Old 05-18-2007, 12:52 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master

Actually, I was only on hold for less than a minute. Guess it was just lucky when I called.

Minor problem comared to some here, but it's been bugging me. I am having problems getting my GAP refund from the dealer.

July 2006 bought bike
Dec 2006 paid off bike
Jan 2007 filed for GAP refund with dealer, was told it would tak 1-1.5 months
Beginning of APril started talking with the "GAP person" at teh dealership. First story was they had a lot of turn around and now she has to do this too. She was sorry about the delay and remembered seeing my paperwork. Asked for a few more weeks.

A few weeks go by, now she just doesn't know.

Another week, I need to come in during the week to talk to her and no one else can help me. I work during the week to afford a Harley, thank you

Three weeks ago she told me she has seen the check and sometimes if they check and the bike isn't paid off yet, they make the check out to the dealership and the finance company. They send the check to finance co to sign off and then back to the dealer to pay me. No explanation why this could happen since I couldn't file for it until I had the title in hand.

Yesterday still no check.

Did I mention that 4 voicemails over this time went unanswered? And once I did get her at the front desk, she never called me back.

So this morning, I call the insurance co directly. They have never received any paperwork from the dealer. And I have 60 days from the pay off to file this paperwork.

I don't know if I am more frustrated with losing out on my money (only $300-$400 but still!) or the blatant lies by the woman at the dealership.

The person at Harley corp will be contacting the dealership this morning. Will I ever see my money? It's probably too late.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:01 PM
UNCCHarley
Road Master

Gap insurance is the BIGGEST crock in the dealership. I sold cars for a year and Gap cost the dealership on a $30,000 car less than $150, but they would charge upwards of $1,500 for it.

I am glad I paid cash, up front for mine.

Hope you get your problem resolved quickly

Old 05-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Psycho
Road Master

ORIGINAL: harleyxlc

Actually, I was only on hold for less than a minute. Guess it was just lucky when I called.

Minor problem comared to some here, but it's been bugging me. I am having problems getting my GAP refund from the dealer.

July 2006 bought bike
Dec 2006 paid off bike
Jan 2007 filed for GAP refund with dealer, was told it would tak 1-1.5 months
Beginning of APril started talking with the "GAP person" at teh dealership. First story was they had a lot of turn around and now she has to do this too. She was sorry about the delay and remembered seeing my paperwork. Asked for a few more weeks.

A few weeks go by, now she just doesn't know.

Another week, I need to come in during the week to talk to her and no one else can help me. I work during the week to afford a Harley, thank you

Three weeks ago she told me she has seen the check and sometimes if they check and the bike isn't paid off yet, they make the check out to the dealership and the finance company. They send the check to finance co to sign off and then back to the dealer to pay me. No explanation why this could happen since I couldn't file for it until I had the title in hand.

Yesterday still no check.

Did I mention that 4 voicemails over this time went unanswered? And once I did get her at the front desk, she never called me back.

So this morning, I call the insurance co directly. They have never received any paperwork from the dealer. And I have 60 days from the pay off to file this paperwork.

I don't know if I am more frustrated with losing out on my money (only $300-$400 but still!) or the blatant lies by the woman at the dealership.

The person at Harley corp will be contacting the dealership this morning. Will I ever see my money? It's probably too late.
No it's not too late. I had a dealership try this **** on me over an extended warranty. Nearly identical runaround to what you are getting. If it is too late to deal with it with the insurance company, then the dealership that didn't get it done is responsible for paying you back. I ended up talking to the owner of the dealership, and mentioning small claims court, and a full page ad in the local paper telling the general public what a bunch of losers the local dealership was. I had a check in hand the next morning. The check was written from the dealership, not the warranty company. I have no idea if they ever got the money from the warranty company or not, and don't care.

Don't give up. It's easy to serve them and get them in front of a judge. Make sure you document all your phone calls, ect.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:18 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master

Everything is documented, been down that road before. The insurance was only $450 to begin with, normally I don't bother with things like that. But since I financed 100% I thought what the hell.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:18 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master

I think someone doesn't want me to ever get my refund.

Last Friday, I called Harley CS. Spoke to someone who was going to contact the dealership and call me back.

Monday, no call back. I leave a message for him (the guy at Harley CS).
Wednesday, still no call back, I leave message #2.
Today, still no call back, I leave message #3.

Except for this, I like the dealership, like the sales guys, I am happy with the service, they are close.... I don't want to go storming in, but this is getting flippin' old. [:@]

Quick Reply: Harley corp contact info