General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Riders club of america

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 06:17 PM
saidin43
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle Riders club of america

I received a brochure for this club in the mail "Motorcycle Riders Club of America"...supposedly its like a HOG membership, and there are opportunities to road test gear. I've never heard of it, and I can't seem to find anyone who has on the internet. The webpage can be found here: http://www.motorcycleridersclubofamerica.com/home.asp

Its only 12 dollars for the year, but I'm always leery of stuff like this. Would be nice if it was legit though. Anyone know if its on the up and up?

Old 05-17-2007, 09:00 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Motorcycle Riders club of america

just sent in my check today,,,, ill let ya know

Old 05-17-2007, 11:34 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like BS to me but I'm cynical..they had a similar "club" for people that fish which claimed members could test fishing gear - that was pretty much a scam where they send a cheap newsletter and bought a small amount of equipment to circulate among the masses while pocketing most of the fees...this sounds kinda similar...the web site looks like BS too..buyer beware!

Old 05-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"The “Road Test” program lets you test drive the latest in parts, tools, riding apparel and motorcycle care products so you can tell your fellow Club members the real deal on how well they worked. Best of all, the products are yours to keep."

I get it. They get *ONE* product from a manufacturer as a demo and give it to "someone" to review. (very common practice with magazines). But I'm sure you would be fooling yourself if you thought that you would ever be the one chosen.

Otherwise, it looks like they want you to pay $12 for what you get here for free.

I also don't care for the fact that you can't test drive the website before you send money.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:50 PM
cajunrph
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

I've seen the same "deal" for golf, fishing and motorcycling. They all look the same. As the old saying goes, there is no such thing as a free lunch, someone is paying for it. I'm sure if it was the real deal that everyone would be in on it and the fee would be more than $12/year. Me I 'm staying as far away from it as I can.

Old 05-18-2007, 01:12 AM
T Tommyt
Road Warrior

BS

Old 05-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds exactly like the North American Hunting Club, Fishing Club and Handyman Clubs (Which are all the same company). What they really are is over priced 3rd rate mags. The free stuff normally ends up being a 15 cent item once every three years or so.

Old 05-18-2007, 04:16 PM
mberger
Stage I

As executive director of the Motorcycle Riders Club of America, I'd like to address the comments made in this thread:

For what its worth, folks, the MRCA is not a scam or "BS". We are part of North American Media Group (the same company that runs the North American Hunting Club and North American Fishing Club). Club members get a subscription to a customized version of Rider Magazine (with an additional 16-page Club section that's not available on newsstands), and yes, the opportunity to test motorcycle-related products. In our current issue of Rider, our riders tested and reviewed over $7,000 worth of product, so while not every one of our current members gets a product every month to test, it does averageout to about 1 product per member every 12-15 months or so. And no, we don't just get 1 sample of a productfrom the manufacturer. We generally request about $1000 of product per item that we send out to our members to be tested. So for example, if we test a helmet that retails for around $120, it means we'll be sending out 8 helmets. If we set up a test of a $12 wrench, we'll be send out 83 wrenches for our members to test.

As director of the MRCA, I'd welcome you to try the club and the magazine before you simply put it down as "BS." I've been riding bikes for over 20 years, I'm president of Lake Chapter of A.B.A.T.E. of MN and I serve on Minnesota's Motorcycle Safety Advisory Committee -- I think I know a little about motorcycling, and I feel our club as some pretty decent things to offer its members. All I ask is that, rather than simply judging, why not at least get an issue of the magazine, see what the Club has to offer and then make your decision?

Regards,
Mike Berger
Exec. Director
MRCA

Old 05-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Jake88
Tourer

Might be something to look into....[&:]

Old 05-18-2007, 04:26 PM
skinhead
Cruiser

You come in here with your chest poking out on your first post , why is there nobody on here that has joined your program and why is the membership so cheap , mr. president? I for one am not going for it , ya'll let me know how bad you get screwed.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Riders club of america