General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does it change your entire outlook?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Bigfoot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does it change your entire outlook?

I have been riding for many years. The last two, I have not been riding to work - I am part of a car pool that leaves my house at 5am. I work over an hour away in Rockville, MD (even at 5am). There are a million backroads around here, but being in the car pool, and usually having to drag a laptop back and forth,I have just not been riding to work. Today it is supposed to 72 degrees, I just could not resist - tossed on my leather and my refelective vest (it is dark then!) and off I went. 1 hour and 10 minutes of back road later I arrived at work. I can not think of a day at work that has started off with such a great feeling. The simple act of riding in changed my entire day!

Is it me or do others notice the same thing? The only drawback I can see is now I am counting down the hours till I can ride home!

Old 05-17-2007, 08:37 AM
Silverearl
Road Captain
Default RE: Does it change your entire outlook?

I ride everyday to work and yes it is a pleasure to make that first trip in the morning but the day gets longer as it goes cause you are longing for that trip home in the sunlight. I wish that I had nice back roads to use when I leave work but I would have to go so far out of my way to ride them. I just wait till I get home and then I add the lady and we just ride till it gets dark.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:19 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I ride to work as often as I can also,and without a doubt it changes your attitude towards the day.That great feeling never goes away,still have after it after 45+ yrs of twisting the throttle.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:22 AM
nightrider54
Tourer

I love to ride to work also. Even taking the "long" way it is only 10 miles, but beats the 2.5 in a cage!! Nice and quiet way to start the day.

don

Old 05-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rode back and forth to work for years, once you become a steady bike rider, long years of riding, it just becomes another mode of transportation..True it is fun to ride to and fro, but it isn't something that you dwell on all day. but this takes a few years of steady riding. I found that usually after the newness of owning a bike, for many people, they usually quit riding and go back to their cars-trucks.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh Yeah!! I've got a 67 mile commute (each way) to work 4 days a week and I ride the E-G every day. It makes what could be a dreary experience into something fun and thrilling. I don't mind the one hour ride at all - hell it's my Therapy twice a day now and in fact I get quite aggravated if for some reason I have to take the truck to work instead of the bike... I wouldnt trade it for anything now!

Old 05-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Better then 2 cups of coffie.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:52 AM
fatboy44
Outstanding HDF Member

I am in a similar scenario as you and yes it is a great way to start the day. It does make the day go by really slow though waiting to ride home!

Old 05-17-2007, 10:02 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

your worst day of work could be forgotten by the time you get home!!!
dog loves it, no more kickin its ***

Old 05-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Storm 4 U
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bigfoot glad you enjoyed the ride into work yesterday and obiously you didn't get caught in that huge downpour yesterday afternoon.
Been to Daniels lately? haven't had a chance to get by there this year always end up going across the bridge or heading south.

Quick Reply: Does it change your entire outlook?