General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Myrtle Beach places to stay???

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 01:01 AM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Myrtle Beach places to stay???

Lookslike Amy are going to be heading down Thursday sometime. We have a place to stay in Murrells Inlet but really would like to stay in a place closer to "uptown".... some place we can come back, hang out on a balcony or setup some lawn chairs and watch the stupid shiet that happens late.

A few issues. The H2 is almost 8' tall so no parking decks.

Yeah, I know, but got a trailer... need a place to park it.

I'm not sure how the vacancy issue is right now but hopefully as the second weekend approaches, places will open up.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Like I said, we already have a place to stay but for once, we'd like to be closer to the nite life.

Thanks,

Old 05-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Snort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Myrtle Beach places to stay???

Mark,
Did you check out JodiFLH's post from the Southeastern section? He has a place he's trying to peddle.
Here's the text:
If anyone heading down to Myrtle Beach on a last minute decision for this weekend and looking for a place. Or know someone looking for a place. I have an extra room that I will not be using and have not filled as of today 5-15-2007 11:56 AM. I had reserved two units and will be only using one of them. Hope to let someone get the other one shortly. It is at the Carolina Grande on 25th Ave North. All the rooms at this place have ocean view. Biker Welcomed. 1st & 2nd level in the parking garage dedicated for bike parking only and will have security according to management. Room is a 1 bedroom, rated at sleeping 4, fully furnished even with a washer/dryer if needed. Room is reserved for check in May 18th Friday at 4:00 PM,Saturday May 19th, & Sunday May 20th. Check out is Monday May 21st at 10:00 AM. Have any questions please Call.

Jody from Charlotte-East Side
704-649-4463

Old 05-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems to me the availability is going to get tougher as the 2nd weekend approaches.

All of the vendors say the last 4 days are absolutely jam packed.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:49 AM
streetboob
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I would prefer to stay in Murells Inlet and get involved in the stupid shiet that goes on late at night.[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Old 05-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Sanford
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When we were there a few years ago we stayed at the Firebird. They have a second floor party deck right on the street with BBQ grills and tables. Perfect place if you like to watch. The also have a lot to park the trailer and would most likely let you park the H2 there also. They own the parking garage across the street and offer covered parking. I haven't been in a few years so I don't know how full they get, but when we were there they had all kinds of vacancies. You might try looking them up. Here's a pic of the wife on the balcony.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Amy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have stayed at Firebird for many years but however....it's not there anymore.

Honestly the only thing there now is highrises. None of the small places that you use to see years ago.