Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD dealer poker chips

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 08:11 AM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

I always buy chips. My wife grew up with a dad in an MC and she always thought it was cool that he had one of those big framed things with chips from all over the US in it from all the places he'd visited and so she got me into collecting them over the last year. I've got probably a dozen or so right now from Tx, La, Ar, Ky, and In. I love dealer shirts too but the poker chips are cool.

Old 11-30-2016, 08:36 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by slodsm
I always buy chips. My wife grew up with a dad in an MC and she always thought it was cool that he had one of those big framed things with chips from all over the US in it from all the places he'd visited and so she got me into collecting them over the last year. I've got probably a dozen or so right now from Tx, La, Ar, Ky, and In. I love dealer shirts too but the poker chips are cool.
And a helluvalot cheaper.

I stopped buying t-shirts long ago. I have enough to wear one every day for a 2 months and not wear one twice. Plus $30 for a t-shirt is a bit ridiculous.....especially since it's free advertising. Oh well, what's money for anyway?

Old 11-30-2016, 07:45 PM
philc814
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default chips

I started colecting dealer pins and refrigerator magnets before the chips existed. i break the pins off then stick a magnet to the back.
if the dealer don't have a pin then i buy the chip. my rule is similar to many here i must visit the dealership to buy them. my wife and i have between 55 & 60 from oregon to main. we have been to five or six dealers that didn't have anything with there logo. we have also been to some that were closed on the day we were in the area. if you buy a new bike you usualy get a road atlas in the mail with all the dealers marked on it thats what we use to find dealers we haven't seen yet.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:31 AM
ahappydude
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default I am up to 7

Poker Chips after two weeks!

In the past two weeks, I have traveled through three states and 500 miles to gain 7 chips. My wife and I found out that this was a great way to explore our area without breaking the bank (other than gas).

I have lived in Connecticut for the past 7 years, and not once had I visited Rhode Island. It sounds crazy, because RI is only 45 mins away and its right on the coast. We took the ride and visited Ocean State Harley. The ride was great and the scenic coast makes me want to come back again and again. Since the ride ate up no time, we continued to Cape Cod and visited 3 more shops along the way. Total Ride = 7 hours, 350 miles, 3 different beach stops, seafood lunch and 4 new chips.

Why didnt I know about this hobby 6 or 7 years ago?

My one rule: Me or my wife must pick up the chips at the dealership with or WITHOUT my Harley. We travel by air for work, and it would not be possible to take our bike everywhere we go.

Old 04-16-2017, 07:59 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

If you didn't ride your bike there, you can only buy the orange and white chip.

Old 04-16-2017, 08:11 PM
ahappydude
Advanced

Thats a good way to keep them in order!

So my poker chip addiction took over this Sunday. Planned on hitting up HD of Danbury Ct and ended up in Manhattan. Visited HD of Danbury CT, Empire New Rochelle, and Both Harley Dealers in New York City.

Just a heads up, the Store at 686 Lexington is clothes and souvenirs only (ridiculously expensive too). The shop at 376 Broadway was an actual bike dealer with clothes upstairs and bikes in the basement. Cool shop, but a very limited selection of bikes. My favorite shop of the day was Empire in New Rochelle. They had a good selection of bikes, clothes and gear. Free soda and hot dogs too.

Here are some pics of the chips I picked up. Both NYC shops had the same chips. I have decided to number them as I go. 10 So far!

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 04-23-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:48 PM
pdbuzz
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I picked up my 2nd Harley (after 25 years) in March. My rules on the chips are that I have to be in the store for those. I pick up dealer shirts and patches as well, but in order to do that, I have to have ridden to the store on the King!

Needless to say, that keeps me from going bananas on purchases! haha!

Right now, I'm keeping my future, out-of-state shirt purchases to stores with 'cool' names (ie, Thunder Mountain HD, Flaming Gorge HD, etc) because that's what I want on the shirt! But I'll happily ride to and pick up poker chips from any that I can get to! I'm only up to four so far; Cowboy HD (Austin, TX - started here!), Park City HD, Intermountain HD (Salt Lake) and Gold Rush HD (Elko, NV). I've got a 26 chip frame. I'll pick up another when that gets full!

Last edited by pdbuzz; 05-09-2017 at 03:49 PM. Reason: addition to text
Old 05-09-2017, 03:58 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by us1fountain
Our rule is, you have to ride their to get a chip.
That is my rule only, like an idiot, I collected t-shirts from remote dealerships as I traveled. Now I have stacks and stacks of t-shirts even though I only get them in destination towns, not every H-D dealer along the way. I wish I had gotten started on the poker chips instead.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:20 AM
Kristy Sharp
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I just got started collecting poker chips & love to travel. I don't ride but my husband does. I just like collecting the poker chips since I have to stop for a shirt for him anyway. Lol If anyone has any extra poker chips laying around that want to send my way that would be awesome! I'm always willing to do the same. Thank you so much!
Kristy Sharp
100 Greendell Street
Highlands, Texas 77562
(This is just a mailbox address)
Just include your mailing address & I'll send some your way too

Old 05-27-2017, 05:12 PM
ahappydude
Advanced
Default I am sending one your way.

Originally Posted by Kristy Sharp
Hello everyone,

I just got started collecting poker chips & love to travel. I don't ride but my husband does. I just like collecting the poker chips since I have to stop for a shirt for him anyway. Lol If anyone has any extra pokerr chips laying around that want to send my way that would be awesome! I'm always willing to do the same. Thank you so much!
Kristy Sharp
100 Greendell Street
Highlands, Texas 77562
(This is just a mailbox address)
Just include your mailing address & I'll send some your way too
I am sending you one from CT.

Quick Reply: HD dealer poker chips