Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD dealer poker chips

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 10:26 PM
SmokeyJoe101
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got several from Europe, actually I likely have all they have in Europe as most stores don't have them. When I left last year they were starting to get on board. Other than that I have about 15. My rule I must have rode there on the bike. Which is kind of my thing when out joy riding is to pick a dealer and head that direction.

Old 04-01-2016, 08:10 AM
penmaker
Road Master
Received 448 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by d-streetglidr
At new dealerships I generally buy a t shirt. Not to much into "collectibles" like chips and shot glasses. Waste of money in my opinion.

At this point I don't go to the dealers much and have only bought one or two shirts in the past couple of years. The last one was in Mexico. Or Paducah.
I've got to make a trip to Paducah for a t-shirt. I've seen their steamboat theme shirts and have to have one. My father is a retired steamboat captain and the boat he was captain on made stops in Paducah all the time.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:17 AM
warprints
Road Warrior
Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm with those who only collect the chips from dealers I'm actually visiting.

Old 04-01-2016, 04:22 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,551 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorido
Mile High has the Aurora and Parker locations and the chips are identical (last time I checked). They also run the airport store and that chip is unique so be sure to pick one up (you may also be able to buy the normal Mile High chip there and save a trip). Then there's Rocky Mountain, Avalanche, and Sun in the Denver area. That's 5 unique chips.

I guess if you're gonna drive up and down the front range, there's also the dealer in Pueblo, Colorado Springs, High Country in Frederick, and Thunder Mountain in loveland/ft collins. So there are 9 total chips along the Front Range.

Colorado also has dealers/stores in Durango, Silverton (highest in the world), Grand Junction, and Glenwood Springs.

OP will definitely want to add the Silverton chip to his collection of unique chips. The chip says highest Harley in the world at 9,300 some feet in elevation.
Same with some of the Miami dealerships, same chain same chip. I'm staying in Silverthorne most of the time and plan to hit Thunder Mountain, Greenly, High Country, Sun, Mile High, Avalanche, Rocky Mountain, Mile High of Parker, Pike's Peak, and Doc Holiday.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:30 PM
llbigbird
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

My son and I collect them. We trade others to get ones we need or want

Old 04-01-2016, 06:56 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by teenRG
My wife and I purchased our Harley's late last year, so we just started with the poker chip collections. We have maybe 6 so far. I tried to get one at the Harley dealership in Qatar, but they were sold out.

I was at a dealer that was sold out, they apologized and mailed me one .
I was 1300 miles from home and could not pay them to mail me one.
I paid .28 cents 3 years ago for one, that was probably 10% over cost.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:07 AM
Colorido
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
Same with some of the Miami dealerships, same chain same chip. I'm staying in Silverthorne most of the time and plan to hit Thunder Mountain, Greenly, High Country, Sun, Mile High, Avalanche, Rocky Mountain, Mile High of Parker, Pike's Peak, and Doc Holiday.

Greeley...that's the one I forgot. Easy to forget Greeley...terrible place.

I would ask at Mile High if the chip at Parker is any different. As of last summer, it was the exact same chip at both locations. The only different Mile High chip was the one at the airport.

Are you going to rent a bike while here? Weather will probably be nice...you could rent a bike from Mile High and hit up all the front range dealers while getting a ride in.

And Peterson's in miami is my parents' home dealer...they own a few of the dealers in miami area and some of their dealers have different chips. I know I have one that just says Peterson's and one that says Peterson's South.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:13 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,551 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorido
Greeley...that's the one I forgot. Easy to forget Greeley...terrible place.

I would ask at Mile High if the chip at Parker is any different. As of last summer, it was the exact same chip at both locations. The only different Mile High chip was the one at the airport.

Are you going to rent a bike while here? Weather will probably be nice...you could rent a bike from Mile High and hit up all the front range dealers while getting a ride in.

And Peterson's in miami is my parents' home dealer...they own a few of the dealers in miami area and some of their dealers have different chips. I know I have one that just says Peterson's and one that says Peterson's South.
I'm back a day early before the 3-4 feet of predicted snow hits this weekend. I ended up hitting 8/10, Greeley was closed the day I went since Google didn't reflect the changed spring hours, and I skipped Mile High of Parker since I hit the other one. Here's my haul ...

Old 05-09-2016, 11:00 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,083 Likes on 1,791 Posts

A friend and I started collecting these chips a few years back and at that time our goal was to collect a chip from every H-D dealership in Michigan, in person.

Somewhere along the way, we started with every dealership that we happened to be near, even on car trips and vacations.

Now friends are collecting them for us!

We completed our Michigan collection and now I'm thinking that our next set of goals are the GREAT LAKES STATES.

UPDATES:
We've been really busy!

We now have all of MI, Ohio, KY, TN, IN and IL completed!
On the agenda for next season is WI, PA and NY.

We also have chips from many dealerships (friends do help us) in many states but Florida just may be on the agenda either this (or next) winter.

We have five of the 40 chip, and two of the 80 chip "display boards".
I have to start rearranging the chips in my boards

I've often thought that H-D should create a dealership registry on-line for ordering single chips OR all chips from a particular state.

Last edited by 2AMGuy; 09-29-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 11:52 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,073 Likes on 2,557 Posts

I don't but wish I would have because they're cheaper than shirts.

Quick Reply: HD dealer poker chips