General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD dealer poker chips

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 02:16 PM
Bill Krug
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chipster27
Anyone else collect them? I bought my Harley about a year ago, a week later my brother on the other side of the country bought one so we traded chips. That got me in to collecting them. Luckily I travel for a living so it makes it easy to hit a dealer every time I'm in a new town. I also like to get chips from dealers with some kind of history.

So far I have almost 50 chips, here are some of the cool ones:
  • Oldest dealer - Kegel - Rockford, IL
  • Oldest West coast dealer - Dudly-Perkins, San Francisco
  • Harley Corporate office
  • Harley Museum
  • Harley factory - Menomonee Falls - Powertrain ops
  • Harley factory - Kansas City - Vehicle and Powertrain ops
  • Dealer with multiple franchises - Riverside Harley - Riverside, CA; Avalanche Harley - Denver, CO; Rawhide Harley - Olathe, KS; Huntington Beach Harley - Westminster, CA
  • Southern most dealer in the US - Big Island Harley, Kona, HI
The franchisee with multiple dealers also has one in Billerica, MA that I hope to get to some day.
There is also one more HD factory outside of Philadelphia that I plan to get to in June.
All in all it's been fun to visit these dealers and see the making/history of the bikes and HD brand.

Anyone else collect chips in their travels or as a token of your travels?
I have travelled the central states_ have them from Topeka, Edmonds ok, Munster in, Pueblo, co.las vegas, Albuquerque, Denton county tx,, dallas, roaton, Lawton Rockford il, mileaukee,, Santa fe, denver, Odessa, tx, bartlesville, Lubbock, Moore ok and more. Would be willing to sell them all.
buddyharley08@gmail.com

Last edited by Bill Krug; 01-31-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:49 AM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,482 Likes on 1,747 Posts

i took my HD poker chips in to harley and tryed to cash them in, they told me to get lost and i said well then there not poker chips, they are trinkets

Last edited by IBE; 02-01-2020 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:34 PM
James Rutledge
Stage I
Default I collect

I collect them. I have about 105 chips around the country.. I. Looking to trade some. I normally buy 3 or 4 from each incase I can swap some. Email me if interested.
Originally Posted by Chipster27
Anyone else collect them? I bought my Harley about a year ago, a week later my brother on the other side of the country bought one so we traded chips. That got me in to collecting them. Luckily I travel for a living so it makes it easy to hit a dealer every time I'm in a new town. I also like to get chips from dealers with some kind of history.

So far I have almost 50 chips, here are some of the cool ones:
  • Oldest dealer - Kegel - Rockford, IL
  • Oldest West coast dealer - Dudly-Perkins, San Francisco
  • Harley Corporate office
  • Harley Museum
  • Harley factory - Menomonee Falls - Powertrain ops
  • Harley factory - Kansas City - Vehicle and Powertrain ops
  • Dealer with multiple franchises - Riverside Harley - Riverside, CA; Avalanche Harley - Denver, CO; Rawhide Harley - Olathe, KS; Huntington Beach Harley - Westminster, CA
  • Southern most dealer in the US - Big Island Harley, Kona, HI
The franchisee with multiple dealers also has one in Billerica, MA that I hope to get to some day.
There is also one more HD factory outside of Philadelphia that I plan to get to in June.
All in all it's been fun to visit these dealers and see the making/history of the bikes and HD brand.

Anyone else collect chips in their travels or as a token of your travels?

Old 03-18-2021, 12:29 PM
Rhonda Criddle
Stage I

I decided to get chips from the dealers I have t-shirts from. French Lick, Indiana closed in 2017. Not a poker chip to be found online. Anyone willing to trade/sell one? rlcriddle@yahoo.com

Old 03-18-2021, 02:50 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhonda Criddle
I decided to get chips from the dealers I have t-shirts from. French Lick, Indiana closed in 2017. Not a poker chip to be found online. Anyone willing to trade/sell one? rlcriddle@yahoo.com
I only have one from French Lick otherwise I would send one to you. I do have a few doubles from other dealers that I would be glad to trade for. I only buy chips from dealers I actually rode to. So far I only have 116 chips and 46 "dip-dots" (pre poker chips).

I stopped buying dealer t-shirts years ago = too expensive. Chips are cheaper. LOL

Old 03-18-2021, 02:54 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,943 Likes on 4,698 Posts

I've only recently started collecting them. Each if these is from a dealer I've been to in person.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:39 PM
Wolfmiester
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

My wife whose into Cricut, has designed templates of each State. We are going to enlarge the template to accept HD chips into their actual locations. This should be cool for individual State purchase.
We are also collecting Chips from Closed Dealerships!. Black/Orange Chips only.
IF anyone has any closed shops they are willing to sell.....

Old 03-18-2021, 07:40 PM
Wolfmiester
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
I've only recently started collecting them. Each if these is from a dealer I've been to in person.
like the bike...metal CNC work? Maker?

Old 03-19-2021, 08:58 AM
BFREE
Grand HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 174 Posts

I used to collect the dip dots. They were free. I have one poker chip and can't remember how I got it.

Old 03-19-2021, 09:44 AM
1999 flstf
Road Master
Received 441 Likes on 283 Posts

i have started to collect them a couple years ago. but im only collecting chips for dealers i have been to.

Quick Reply: HD dealer poker chips