Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD dealer poker chips

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 08:12 AM
Prof Rene
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,619 Likes on 1,249 Posts

I started collecting the chips for fun and not really have a purpose to it. I eventually started to display them and one day while visiting Tenn, My FIL and I drove to a dealer about an hour and a half away from where they live we had my little nephew with us (boys day out). My nephew had never been to a dealership, but he loved the bikes my wife and I ride. While we were at the dealer he went nuts (in a good way) checking out all the bikes and asking to sit on them and asking about them. I let him pick out a poker chip and he grabbed one for himself. I have now started collecting and sending him chips for all of the places we go to. He has his own display case in his bedroom and a personal vest with a couple cute patches on it. He actually wore his vest for his class photo (1st Grade) and they could not talk him out of it. I think my wife and I did something right. I would love to get him one of those electric balance bikes.

Old 01-22-2020, 11:12 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,257 Likes on 1,839 Posts

My friend and I have resorted to ordering poker chips via telephone for the dealerships that are just to out-of-the way for us to ride there and pick them up in person, which we have done hundreds of times before in order to complete a "state collection".

It's interesting the difference in costs and shipping methods, and some dealerships will not even take over-the phone orders!

I realize that not everyone is willing to pay the full shipping costs for a poker chip and that also few will want to do a complete state collection but take it from me (and I've done this many times) that considering the cost of fuel, food, motels, etc., ordering via phone is cheaper in the long run than going in person.

Jus' sayin'

Old 01-22-2020, 12:21 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,771 Likes on 982 Posts

I'm away on business this week, I'll have 5 new chips for my collection. One of them is from York HD Vehicle Operations.

Old 01-22-2020, 03:39 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,257 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Is there anyone in or near Manassas, VA (Bull Run dealership) that would be interested in either shipping me three poker chips or perhaps doing an exchange for "Motor City" or "Motown" chips??

Old 01-23-2020, 07:31 AM
deperdue
Road Master
Received 203 Likes on 194 Posts

I have 143 now, my son travels a lot for work and has gotten about 1/3 of them for me, the rest I have been to each of the dealers when I go on trips since retirement. I have added 3 since the picture was taken.

The following users liked this post:
CrBear (02-10-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 04:36 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
My friend and I have resorted to ordering poker chips via telephone for the dealerships that are just to out-of-the way for us to ride there and pick them up in person, which we have done hundreds of times before in order to complete a "state collection".

It's interesting the difference in costs and shipping methods, and some dealerships will not even take over-the phone orders!

I realize that not everyone is willing to pay the full shipping costs for a poker chip and that also few will want to do a complete state collection but take it from me (and I've done this many times) that considering the cost of fuel, food, motels, etc., ordering via phone is cheaper in the long run than going in person.

Jus' sayin'

You're missing the whole point in collecting chips. I only collect chips from dealers that I actually rode to. Where's the fun in ordering chips over the phone???? Anybody can do that even couch potatoes.

Old 01-23-2020, 06:56 PM
kevin Z06
Advanced
Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts

As new Harley rider this year I’ve collected about a dozen I’ve ridden too, Ont, ny, pa, . My plan is to have two separate collections ones if ridden too and ones I receive from friends and family who travel and know I collect them now,

Old 01-23-2020, 07:04 PM
Douce
Cruiser
Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey Kevin, that’s what I do, got a section to display dealers I’ve been to, another section for chips from friends and family who have lives and are able to travel.

Old 01-25-2020, 03:10 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,643 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Last year during the Sturgis rally I met a nice old timer at the campground. When the rally was over and I stopped to say goodbye, the old timer gave me a Sturgis 2019 Poker Chip. But what was neat about the gift was that he glued a small magnet to the back of it. That way, you can stick the poker chip on a refrigerator or a tool chest. I thought gluing a magnet to the back of the poker chip was a slick idea.

Old 01-25-2020, 04:28 PM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
Last year during the Sturgis rally I met a nice old timer at the campground. When the rally was over and I stopped to say goodbye, the old timer gave me a Sturgis 2019 Poker Chip. But what was neat about the gift was that he glued a small magnet to the back of it. That way, you can stick the poker chip on a refrigerator or a tool chest. I thought gluing a magnet to the back of the poker chip was a slick idea.

I've done the same thing, but I bought a sheet of rubberized magnetic material. I cut it to the size of whatever item I want to sick to a refrigerator or filing cabinet, peal off the protective backing, stick it to the item and then attach it to something metal. Better then messing around with glue.

Quick Reply: HD dealer poker chips