General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD dealer poker chips

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 08:08 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by cruisn
I hate things like this. It becomes a necessity to stop by a new Harley dealership whenever traveling. With that said, I'm looking to add a couple on my trip to Miami tomorrow. GF thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go out of our way while there just to buy a poker chip.
For me, first, I have to ride to the dealer in order to get a chip, BUT I will not ride out of my way to get it. The dealer has to be on my route. I don't have the luxury of extra time - I only get a few days vacation so I have to make them count.

Back in the day, I did the same thing with dealer "Dip Dots". Have a lot of them also. Very few dealers still have them.

Still a lot cheaper than t-shirts

It's still a fun hobby. Enjoy it!!

Last edited by GARY DYER; 08-16-2019 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:47 PM
charliegriefer
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I just started collecting 'em. I think it's a fun way to keep some mementos of places I've ridden to.

Also, cheaper than t-shirts.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:54 PM
charliegriefer
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleepintiger

My display board
Would also like to know where to find one of these. Like it better than any other display I've seen so far.

Old 08-18-2019, 01:07 AM
airjoe
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by warprints
I'm with those who only collect the chips from dealers I'm actually visiting.
Been riding since 1973. Just started collecting about a year ago. Not sure when they started with poker chips. I've got about 10 an I wish I would have started collecting sooner.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:53 AM
Texasbassman
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up HD dealer poker chips

Hello All, I got my first chip 3 years after I got my first Harley and now have 190. About 1/3 of my total (21 states and PR), I rode to on My 2010 or 2015 CVO Street Glide. I started collecting t-shirts and within a couple years, the waist grew and the t-shirts no longer fit. In 2013, on a 100-mile trip to the dealer I got my first two Harleys, I decided to get a poker chip. That is when I started collecting. I originally only got a chip if I rode to the dealer.

I started traveling to the east coast for work and decided to start collecting from dealers I didn't actually ride to. I do not have any chips from dealers that I didn't actually walk into. The only one I have outside the lower 48 is Puerto Rico. I have all the dealers in MS, OK and TX (rode to all but 10). Missing only 1 from AR and NM. I tried the display case that H-D sells, but I find I like the leather bound book (https://houseofharley.com/harley-dav...ips-6654d.html) better. When I purchased 3 books, I got free shipping and almost $10 less each than at my local dealer.

To actually ride to all the dealers for chips, I would have to wait until I retire. And who knows how much riding I will still be able to do. So I'm getting them any way I can, but only from a dealer I actually walk into. It's not as fun when I drive vs. riding to the dealer, but I still get to see the dealer. The closest dealer that I've not been to is at least 8 hours away, one-way.

Planning to move to FL next year and will be able to knock out FL and GA pretty easy. I hope to make a ride thru AZ, CA, UT, CO (about 50) trip before leaving TX.

Happy riding!

Last edited by Texasbassman; 10-14-2019 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Add pic
Old 10-14-2019, 12:34 PM
champ198
Tourer
Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CVO SG
Our rule is, you have to ride their to get a chip.
same for me. my rule is I have to ride the bike there to get the chip.
I don't have a ton. but do have a few. hope to collect more next year as this year just didn't get to ride as much as I wanted.

Old 10-14-2019, 03:26 PM
ThePaintPirate
Club Member
Received 1,557 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
I'm up to 177. My wife and I are frequent travelers and I travel occasionally for work, and always pickup chips from wherever I end up. Going to Germany next month so I'm sure I'll add a few more.

I've picked up a few more since then, a few from Germany and a couple that were given to me.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:16 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,478 Likes on 1,415 Posts

I always buy two poker chips at every dealer I visit. I always get a black and organic one, plus some other colour combo. No idea why....

Old 10-15-2019, 07:23 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by ThePaintPirate
I've picked up a few more since then, a few from Germany and a couple that were given to me.
I have yet to buy one...... with that said I like your display.

Old 10-15-2019, 07:57 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

What is the highest price anyone has paid for a chip and what is the lowest price paid.
The lowest I've paid was 0 and the highest was $3.50. Average is about $1 to $1.50
Depending on the money grubbing dealer.

I like the "Dip Dots" better - they were free.

Last count I have 115 chips(everyone I rode to--by bike) and 47 Dip Dots also from dealers I actually rode to over the years. Started with Dip Dots back in the 70's.

Last edited by GARY DYER; 10-15-2019 at 08:00 AM.

Quick Reply: HD dealer poker chips