Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD dealer poker chips

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 07:45 PM
Chris Evans
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CVO SG
Our rule is, you have to ride their to get a chip.
Ride their bike? Like a test drive?

Old 08-13-2019, 08:30 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

L-o-l

Last edited by GARY DYER; 08-13-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:59 AM
Sleepintiger
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My display board

Old 08-14-2019, 11:03 AM
show-n-go
Road Master
Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

I started collecting them as soon as I began riding, My rule was I had to ride there to collect their chip. As my oldest daughter started riding with me she took an interest so now I bring her chips back from anywhere that I travel bike or not. I also have a buddy that collects them for me from his travels, Nothing gets a larger smile on my daughters face than handing her a few chips for her display.

We rode to Docs HD last year while we were at the rally in Milwaukee, Somehow my wife threw the Docs chip away before we left the hotel. That dealership is the coolest one that I have ever visited, if you haven't seen it you need to ride there if your anywhere near the area.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:52 PM
coolbreezy
Advanced
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Evans
Ride their bike? Like a test drive?
I got my one and only HD poker chip from a dealership in Jamaica. Does it count even though I didn't ride there?

Old 08-15-2019, 02:02 PM
Kawickrice
Elite HDF Member
Received 3,257 Likes on 1,519 Posts

Originally Posted by Sleepintiger

My display board
Where did you get the board? My wife trades them online from all over the world. She has so many there is no practicle way to display them. This looks like it holds a few.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:51 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,943 Likes on 4,698 Posts

My wife brought me back a guitar pick from a dealer in Tennessee last month. I thought that was cool, so when I went to my local dealer looking for another, they though it was cool I played guitar but said they didn't have picks. Never paid attention to chips, but I like having things to do and look for, so this is awesome!

Old 08-15-2019, 03:09 PM
cruisn
Tourer
Received 139 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
My wife brought me back a guitar pick from a dealer in Tennessee last month. I thought that was cool, so when I went to my local dealer looking for another, they though it was cool I played guitar but said they didn't have picks. Never paid attention to chips, but I like having things to do and look for, so this is awesome!
I hate things like this. It becomes a necessity to stop by a new Harley dealership whenever traveling. With that said, I'm looking to add a couple on my trip to Miami tomorrow. GF thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go out of our way while there just to buy a poker chip.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:31 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,771 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by coolbreezy
I got my one and only HD poker chip from a dealership in Jamaica. Does it count even though I didn't ride there?
Sorry, but you're gonna have to mail that chip back.

Old 08-15-2019, 04:37 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,943 Likes on 4,698 Posts

Originally Posted by cruisn
I hate things like this. It becomes a necessity to stop by a new Harley dealership whenever traveling. With that said, I'm looking to add a couple on my trip to Miami tomorrow. GF thinks I'm crazy for wanting to go out of our way while there just to buy a poker chip.
It can become an obsession and that's never a good thing, but a reason to get on the bike and go somewhere for the sake of doing it is great.

A lot of people say that motorcycling is a hobby. For them it might be, but hasn't been for me. I've had motorcycles and not had a car. It was more cost effective and as far as I had to commute to work, made sense. Now I have a company vehicle and don't need the bike for to and from work all the time, so it's nice to have a reason to get out for no other reason.

Quick Reply: HD dealer poker chips