General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does anyone make the single strap "novelty" helmets anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016 | 12:54 PM
gotnspikes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
What's this? Somebody shook the novelty helmet squirrel tree and all the "I know what's best for everyone helmet-wise" squirrels fell out.
Some like to wear novelty helmets....myself included....and I don't much GIF what anyone else thinks or does.
Me thinketh thou protests to much.

Old 05-02-2016 | 07:51 AM
scottylonebull
|
Road Master

well, i'm still looking...there's a "super sunday" coming up in conn. in june. that's where we originally used to buy the helmets back in the 90's. at the "super sundays" in Danbury. i'm going to take the 2 1/2 hr ride up just to check out every vendor at the show lol should be a nice ride anyway.

Last edited by scottylonebull; 05-02-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 05-02-2016 | 02:17 PM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by vizcarmb
No respectable motorcycle gear store will sell that garbage your are looking for.

It is Probably illegal and they don't do it to ruin their reputation and liability.

You just have to go to one of those shady pop up tent stores, like you said, at a rally to find them. You know the ones that don't pay their taxes and deal under the table.

You might as well just put on a bicycle helmet. They look even cooler than those skid lids
well, well... took the hand wringers longer than I expected to chime in... you sound like a person who would turn someone in for wearing a non DOT helmet

Old 05-02-2016 | 07:07 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jakenok
well, well... took the hand wringers longer than I expected to chime in... you sound like a person who would turn someone in for wearing a non DOT helmet
yea! he seems like a cop caller to me too! why would he or anyone else care what i put on my head ?

Old 06-07-2018 | 07:17 PM
scottylonebull
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by scottylonebull
well, i'm still looking...

Found this old thread...Just wondering if anyone new here has seen one of these around...

Old 06-07-2018 | 09:22 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member

iv'e been looking for a single strap beanie to replace mine. my liner is shot ! can't find one anywhere and i jusy might buy one of the ones with two straps and put the guts in my old single strap shell. used to be able to buy them at swap meets all the time.
i have taken one of those goofy looking ones and cut the duck tails down and made it into a true half shell, removed the two straps and remounted one single strap. looks good and works well. that was not my problem, my insides were rotten. modifying the shell is no big deal.

Last edited by hardheaded; 06-07-2018 at 09:29 PM.
The following users liked this post:
scottylonebull (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018 | 08:33 AM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member

Took me 2 seconds to find one on google.

The following users liked this post:
Mark out West (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018 | 12:38 PM
Kingface
Road Master

I bought an Akoury AK66 Carbon Matte helmet. It's DOT approved and SUPER light a dn comfortable. Plus it doesn't give me the mushroom head effect. Is it as safe as 3/4 or a FF?? Obviously not, but I like it and IT IS more protective than a beanie.

Old 06-08-2018 | 02:22 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by scottylonebull
ive been looking for another single strap "novelty" helmet and cant find one. everyone has those double strap helmets now. ive been to 50 motorcycle stores and even googled it. I know I got mine years ago at a bike show from one of those tent vendors at the old marcus dairy super sunday.

Ah yes, Marcus Dairy. I used to love that place back when I lived in CT. Thath was back in the day before all that Super Sunday stuff and it went full blown commercial. Didn't they end up having a "reckless riding" problem with the sport bikes on the roadway out front and ended up shuting down the event and finally sold the place off? That all happened a while after I moved out of the area.

Old 06-08-2018 | 03:00 PM
QNman
Supporter
Supporter

Originally Posted by Fishonsc
I live in SC. No helmet required but I work in NC. Helmet required. I wear a novelty helmet in NC. When at home I do not wear a helmet. I have been looking for a dot helmet for a yr now. If I could find one that did not make me look like a fool. I would wear it. No luck so far. I am tall but skinny. I look like a giant mushroom with a helmet on. You have any ideas for one that would not make me look like a fool? Thanks.
bikerhelmets.com

Quick Reply: does anyone make the single strap "novelty" helmets anymore?