General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frogg Toggs

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 03:05 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Frogg Toggs

Anyone own this rain gear? The material is pretty thin which makes for compact storage but I am wondering about durability and how much it might flop around in the wind. Thanks!

Old 09-28-2005, 03:55 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Frogg Toggs

I sail & the only way to go is good gear made for sailing. It is durable & is made to move around in. Try like REI.

Old 09-28-2005, 03:58 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own a set...but afraid I won't be much help as far as riding with it..
Its a great lightweight rain suit, but on the bike I fear it might billow up like a balloon[sm=oopssign.gif]

Denny

Old 09-28-2005, 04:57 PM
FLHTPjeff
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no experience with the Frogg Toggs products, although the few things that I have heard about them were not good. The flapping mentioned, plus supposedly they melt, and tear really easily. I guess that's the price you pay for packability though.

I bought a $25 Colombia rain suit at the local sporting goods store 6-years ago, and it has never let me down. Its heavy vinyl, so it does not flap around too much. It packs up pretty small too, if you roll it tight enough.

Jeff

Old 09-28-2005, 05:05 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Check these out.They might work out for you.

Rain Suit

Old 09-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

My wife has the Frogg Toggs and loves them. I think it just heavy napkins with designs but she swears by them, says the are comfortable on warm days, cool days and in between. Keeps her dry too. She has never complained about flapping. I use the Cheapo wal mart brand suit. Keeps me dry even if a little toasty in the summer.

Bubba

Old 09-28-2005, 05:08 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 65 Posts

Like Harley Wood, I bought a set a few years ago at a bike show. It doesn't rain here in So. Cal much, so I have never had the need to unpack it. Since most of the riding wife and I do is in the south-west, rain gear isn't a huge priority. If I lived in rainy areas I would spend the bucks and get a good suit.

Old 09-28-2005, 05:17 PM
RCS
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've used them for years while riding in the rain. For me the jacket, when worn over my mesh riding gear, works better then the pants (legs are not long enough when seated and their material thinness has caused me to rip my pants more than once). I now use First Gear rain pants with my Frogg Toggs jacket.

regards

Old 09-28-2005, 05:43 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member

ive never used frogg toggs i have the HD rain gear and it works well....it rains here all summer long (dont know why they call it the sunshine state)and the HD 2 peice rain gear keeps us dry and its reflective so people see us in the rain. we have had ours for 3 years and its always in the saddle bag just incase. the storms pop up quick around here

Old 09-28-2005, 06:16 PM
jhnmflr
Outstanding HDF Member

I got caught in Leesburg last year with no gear and it rained terribly for a whole day . I bought a Frog Togg set up for like 65 $ . They are small and compact and the only problem ihad with them was they did melt when i laid them on my pipes . I have a softail with no storage so they work great for me .

Quick Reply: Frogg Toggs