General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 11:36 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Just got a lame email stating out of stock and no idea when they will have it.. Lovely... sold to me as in stock / on hand... Now Ill cancel..

Old 03-29-2016, 11:46 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,716 Likes on 1,373 Posts

This may be an issue with company size and growth. As companies grow and expand their product offerings, they actually end up stocking less. When the internet was new, many smaller niche companies with minimal overhead made tremendous inroads into selling items at smaller margins. Then, the Brick and Mortar guys figured it out and used their size to demand better deals from their vendors. But to remain competitive, they have had to automate and cut costs where ever possible. Customer Service in general sucks everywhere and is farmed out or passed back to the original vendor, who generally does not care about you and may takes months to fix an issue. I also stopped calling J&P customer service. They had no additional information than what is in the catalog. They ended up sending me the wrong parts pre-packaged in a sealed box. When I called to tell them that they had an issue, they blew me off and he would not even check his stock or if it was in a different facility, (ie country) he would not pass the issue along. I ended up selling the parts at a swap meet as the cost to return out weighted the lost selling price at the swap meet. That was my last purchase from them. That does not mean that I will not order from them in the future, but for now there is no reason to use them as others handle their electronic information and purchases better. But what really seems to be missing is having customer service people who know motorcycles. Recently, I have seen a rise of specialty internet dealers on the market. This is because being somewhat smaller, they are usually knowledgeable about the product and they handle customer service personally. They succeed by being aware that even if the customer is wrong, a happy customer may buy again and is unlikely to fill the internet forums with complaints about their service. Good ratings matter and I tend to buy from where others on this forum have had good service. While I monitor these trends in other markets, it is interesting to see that the same trends are affecting motorcycle supply sites.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:51 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,681 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
This is sad. Years past J&P was my go to source when I needed something motorcycle related. Not sure what has happened to this company
They moved their fulfillment operations.

Obviously, the transition has not gone smoothly.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:54 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,681 Likes on 1,665 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
The silence is deafening.
That baffles me too.

It only takes a moment to come on this board and post. A little communication would go a long way.

Just for fun, I placed an order yesterday for a few bibs and bobs I've been meaning to get. Nothing big, and I'm in no big hurry. Interested to see how long it takes.

Their shopping cart page says "three to five days" to ship.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:46 PM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
Just got a lame email stating out of stock and no idea when they will have it.. Lovely... sold to me as in stock / on hand... Now Ill cancel..
How do you cancel the order when they don't respond to the phone, emails or internet contact?

Old 03-29-2016, 01:28 PM
Fishonsc
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I made a order at the end of January. I tried to cancel the order but never could get in touch with them. Just had my cc company get my money back. Well yesterday I get home from work and a jp cycles box is on the door step. They went and rechargeed my card and shipped anyway. I have already bought the parts I needed from else where. Not sure what I am going to do now. Wife tells me to just let it go. I know one thing. They will never get a dime from me again! They are owned by MAG( motorcycle aftermarket group). Look up what they own. You will be surprised. They could give a damn about you or me. Going to make buy parts harder but MAG will not get any of my money.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:31 PM
Alienwulf
Supporter
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Waiting for parts for a future build is no problem as you tend to gather the parts that will be needed. But most of the time I need a part to replace a broken/bad one. At that point I need it ASAP and will search for best price but all ways who will get it to me as promised! Means a lot to me if honest up front!

Old 03-29-2016, 01:35 PM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

I can't wait until they get the drone deliveries up and running. People are going to complain if they don't get it in 30 minutes or less.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:37 PM
Fishonsc
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by SixDD
I can't wait until they get the drone deliveries up and running. People are going to complain if they don't get it in 30 minutes or less.
So you have no problem with a company taking your money then taking two months to ship it to you?

Old 03-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Baddad1
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishonsc
So you have no problem with a company taking your money then taking two months to ship it to you?
Or shipping wrong parts? Not responding to emails at all ? Finally getting ahold of customer service on the phone after 3-4 weeks without any word from the company, and the service rep cannot even find any trace of your order ?

These are just some of the things some of us have been dealing with .

Quick Reply: Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?