General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 09:11 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

I used Paypal so I will get my refund if don't get my stuff. My biggest issue is I am needing to sell the Kawasaki (prime selling time) and it currently has a float sticking a little. I could and would have had to parts in three days if I had just gone ahead and ordered a bigger(complete) and more expensive kit off EBay!

Old 03-28-2016, 11:56 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,606 Likes on 6,627 Posts

I'm done with J&P Cycles. Been ordering stuff from them for years, but never again. I ordered a set of ape hangers for a bike on March 7th and still nothing.

Their communication with customers sucks, their service sucks, and they'll never have my business again.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:57 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Nothing but good service from JPcycles here.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:36 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,043 Likes on 494 Posts

I've never had troubles with J&P Cycles before either...until this last order I made on the tenth of March this year.

They sure took the money from my Paypal account nice and fast, sent all the e-mails - the 'receipt', etc, but no shipping time and still no product. That makes 20 days now and no answer to my e-mails either.

I fear I'll also have to avoid J&P from now on and I hope Paypal can get me my money back.

By the way, the *best* prices I've found yet for the tires I use on my bike (Michelin Commander II - 160/70-17 rear and 100/90-19 front) I always get from http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com

Free shipping and I will have the tire in two days or less...they haven't failed me yet on that (I'm in west TN).

Old 03-29-2016, 06:47 AM
KCinKy
Road Captain
Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

On an earlier thread, I had said that I had not had any problems with them. I can't say that now. I've had to cancel two orders that never arrived after they said they had them in stock and would be shipped within 2 days. Never arrived after two weeks, called back and was informed they didn't have them in stock. Would have felt better if they had told me that in the first place.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:49 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,933 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Here's my question to the moderators and forum owners..

Clearly I am not an isolated incident. We see a pattern established and it's not good. I/we support sponsors because they support us. I'm not certain taking money and not shipping for weeks is legal. Is their a minimum standard a sponsor needs to meet before they are dropped as sponsors? Is there a standard that needs to be met or they are called on the carpet?

Their actions are becoming VERY concerning.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:39 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

This is sad. Years past J&P was my go to source when I needed something motorcycle related. Not sure what has happened to this company but 10 days now and still nada!!! Placed an order with JCWhitney which I haven't used either in many years for an oil filter and it arrived USPS in 2 days. I'm going to go ahead and order my needed parts from EBay so at least I know I can have them by this weekend.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:53 AM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Nope, never had any issues what so ever. When I had questions, they answered them.

Old 03-29-2016, 10:42 AM
HazyHog
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hopefully you can get your credit card company to refund your money. Other than having one of their catalogs I have never done business with them before. Every time I was going to use them in the past, I shopped around online, and found better deals elsewhere.

Old 03-29-2016, 11:18 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
Here's my question to the moderators and forum owners..

Clearly I am not an isolated incident. We see a pattern established and it's not good. I/we support sponsors because they support us. I'm not certain taking money and not shipping for weeks is legal. Is their a minimum standard a sponsor needs to meet before they are dropped as sponsors? Is there a standard that needs to be met or they are called on the carpet?

Their actions are becoming VERY concerning.
Thanks for this thread.
I was considering J&P for a bunch of stuff I need soon, but not now.
There are so many options on-line today, there is no need to start dealing with a company that doesn't even try to earn your business.
As a "Featured Sponsor" of this site, their unwillingness to address yours and others issues on this forum is very concerning.
You'd think they would man up and communicate here to those who are waiting.
The silence is deafening.

Last edited by ElectraGlideSteve; 03-29-2016 at 11:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone else having an issue with J&P CYCLES?